Friday, March 01, 2013

Matching outfits

Wow, I can't believe it's already March 1st! And that means that we're getting closer to getting rid of this snow...... I cannot wait!

Today, I'm posting  the latest challenge for Pages With Papertrey, which is to use at least three different PTI dies on your layout. And bonus points if they are all from different collections, too. ;)

The layout that I made for this month's challenge was created using photos that I took last July. I also used My Mind's Eye patterned paper (the dark grey polka dots) and the rest is Fancy Pants patterned paper. The title was made using American Crafts thickers (these are older from my stash, but I was so pleased that I had all of the letters I needed!) and Fancy Pants stickers (for "outfits.")


I used a Journal tabs die above my largest photo, which I topped with a Fancy Pants phrase sticker. Below that photo, I used the end of the Tag Sale #5 die to create my different banners. On top of those is another Fancy Pants sticker, which just seemed so perfect for these photos, as I can totally remember my mom making clothes for my Barbies when I was younger.


I also used a Tag Sale #7 die on my layout -- this diecut gets pulled out to reveal the journaling. I also used my PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 dies to make my flowers, which got topped with PTI buttons and twine. The "I Love You" tag is cut from another sheet of Fancy Pants patterned paper.


And here's the journaling, which I printed on the diecut:



If you create a layout using this challenge, please link it here in the comments on my blog or here in the Papertrey Ink forum, so I can see what you've made!

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Awww, that's so sweet! You have a beautiful daughter! Just like her Momma, full of sweetness! Love the page!

Wida said...

Here's what I'm thinking...PTI needs to hire you for a scrapbook ing DT! So cute how the doll looks just like her

Deb said...

Leigh, I love the layout and the challenge to use 3 dies! I am up for the challenge to use them from different collections. Also, I just love how you created summer clothes for little Alex. It's hard enough to sew clothes for little babies, I can't imagine how tough for dolls. Fabulous job!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Totally agree with Wida ... Studio Calico just added a card-making team, I think Papertrey should have a scrapbook designing team with YOU on it! So sweet that you made the outfits for her.

PS, matching hair accessories with Papertery felt flowers?!?

Kara said...

so cute!! great page and love the little shoes!!

Rebecca said...

Great layout and what cute photos!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layout. Love those pixs of Sage with her doll. I think I remember you posting a pix of those shoes when you first made them. So cute.

Suzanne B. Webb said...

OMG, you are so talented, it's riduculous! :)