Monday, July 09, 2012

Another dress & a card

On Sunday afternoon, Sage suggested that we make another dress for her 18" doll (I posted the first dress that we made here.) 

We wanted this dress to coordinate with the dress that Sage is wearing here, but I didn't have a pattern, so I made this one up. Sage painted the beads for the straps.



I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out! And of course, I had to make another pair of matching sandals. We'd gone out with Sage's doll on Saturday and her sandals kept falling off, so after some brainstorming with my mother-in-law, I came up with the solution of hot gluing some thin elastic to the front band and wrapping it around the back of her foot. It works really well! For the bases of these sandals, I adhered two sheets of fun foam together and then cut them out.


And, because I always like to share some papercrafting as well..... here's a card that I made earlier this year but never posted.


I used PTI cardstock (canyon clay, rustic white), stamps (label basics, think big favourites and rosie posie) and dies (rosie posie). I added the shading to the flowers with an SU! watercolour pencil.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

You continue to amaze me with your many talents. Awesome dress. Those sandals are stinkin cute. Love the picture with Sage and her doll. They look like "twins".

Jenny said...

That dress is adorable and the painted beads are the perfect color! Great job on the sandals--that elastic on the back was brilliant.

Tammie Koehnen said...

Oh how I enjoy your blog Leigh! You are so incredibly talented and I LOVE your creations! How fun that you can create matching dresses for your daughter's doll. That is so special and she will remember those special things all of her life and treasure it so much. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. :)

Unknown said...

So darn cute! Kudos to you for coming up with this dress. Sewing in not my thing..at all. Love the pink beads. They are the perfect touch.

Cassie_lu said...

super cute doll outfit but that card is what speaks to me. Great use of colors and layout.

Tara LeClaire said...

Amazing what you did with that doll! Wow!