Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ink It Up with Heidi Shafer -- Mama Elephant's Calli Letters

Today, I've joined again with
Heidi Shafer of Mapleberry Musings for Ink It Up.


Ink it Up is a challenge where, on the second and fourth Wednesday 
of each month, Heidi and I share cards that we've made with new stamp sets
that we haven't used yet.

Today, I'm sharing some projects that I made using my 
I'm actually sharing the invitations that we made for Sage's 12th birthday party 
that we hosted two weekends ago.

Sage decided that she wanted to have a Paris-theme for her party this year.
So, she and I made the invitations together.


Sage blended green parakeet and Hawaiian Shores ink onto the background of the cards.
Then, using my MISTI, I stamped the Eiffel tower (using a Sweet 'N Sassy stamp set) 
onto each one in versamark and heat embossed them in silver.


I stamped the Bonjour from PTI's Fresh Floral Wraps stamp set 
and then the "you are invited" using the Mama Elephant Calli Letters stamp set.
I set up every second letter first and then went back a second time to fill in the remaining letters.
For four invitations, this went pretty quickly with my MISTI.

Sage's party was a hit!
She and her friends spent a lot of time outside, jumping on our trampoline.


Then, we came inside and did a little card making.
(I asked Sage and she said that she would be a guest blogger 
for me soon and share the card she made -- spoiler alert: it's gorgeous!)


Then, we enjoyed some treats...


to make some cards for each of the treats.... and in French, just for fun!


On each tiny card, I stamped the treat, as well as an Eiffel Tower image
from PTI's City Scene, in Delicata Silver ink.


We also made toppers for the cupcakes using the same stamps 
and their coordinating die.


We also had Butter Crunch....


... and macaroons, which we purchased at our local Farmer's Market.

Sage's party was very fun -- and her guests were thrilled with the Eiffel Tower 
necklaces Sage gave them as a thank you for coming!
I'm so glad that we can enjoy planning and hosting her parties together!

Don't forget to hop over to Heidi's blog to see what
she created for this Ink It Up.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Annheidel said...

Oh, how fun is that! I love the name cards and the Eiffel Tower cupcake toppers. The Cali Letters alphabet is just perfect for a Paris theme.

Jennifer K said...

What a fun party! You did a wonderful job on it.

*Vicki* said...

Super cute card and what a fun party!! :)

Karen B. said...

What cool items you have created to make a birthday special!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Leigh! How precious!
I can only say BRAVO, c'est tellement joli et bien fait!
xx

Lisa Elton said...

Sage's party looks and sounds like it was fabulous!! The invitations are pretty and I like the fancy Eiffel Towers on the cupcakes!! Can't wait to see Sage's card!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, you are the best mommy ever! What an amazing birthday display you and Sage put together, down to the finest details! I love the Parisian theme. So fun and elegant and fancy! And love every little detail! I want to come to one of your parties! <3

Izzy Scrap said...

What a great party she had ! And congratulations for all the little cakes you made ! I will give a try to the Butter Crunch, they look like so "Appétissant" ! Can't wait for seing Sage's card ! Thanks for sharing.

cm said...

Sage's Paris-themed party looks like it was an incredibly success! Love that the girls enjoyed making cards and how sweet that she gave them each necklaces! Another heart-warming mother-daughter bonding event with your two! Excited to see her card...let her know that I adore her GD posts!
Hugs~c

Bobby said...

I'm sure this is a party Sage will never forget, Leigh. All you little Paris details made it extra special and the fact that she helped make them is a wonderful bonding time. I can't wait to see what she made during the card making session.

Nora Noll said...

Oh WOW!! What a magnificent birthday!! Your invitations were stunning!! I love all the fun touches you did with this stamp set. What a great party!!

Diana K said...

Oh Leigh, I absolutely love this post! You are the bestest mom ever, but please tell me that you didn't do the chalkboard message yourself because it's too amazing and I would be too jealous. 😘 P.S. You made one French mistake - in Paris, the first item would be "Les Cupcakes". 😂