Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Happy Fall-idays: Thanksgiving



Hey there!
We are so excited to bring you Happy Falli-days this week,
filled with lots of inspiration from Reverse Confetti!
We have a theme for each day, so you'll want to check out 
the Reverse Confetti blog for details.

Our theme for today is Thanksgiving. 
We actually celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving a week and a half ago,
but I wanted to share an idea that my sister-in-law did for our meal.
She bought pears and tied a leaf shaped tag to each one.
At the end of our meal, she passed them all out.
On the front of the tag was a number, with a Bible verse that the recipient
read aloud and a sentence started like "I'm thankful for..."
Each person took turns reading their verses and finishing their sentences.
It was really cool!

I thought that the Reverse Confetti faith-based sets would be perfect for this project.


Aren't they pretty?
Just imagine a bowl full of these...

I started by diecutting the largest Swirlies Confetti Cuts from Stone Cardstock
and backing it with a piece of Cloud White Cardstock, on which I stamped a sentiment.
I added two stamped leaves using Blooms 'n Buds & Blooms 'n Buds Confetti Cuts,
which I stamped using Lime Green Ink & Tangerine Ink.


On this one, I used a sentiment from My Heart Trusts.


And here's the Bible verse I added to the back.


On this tag, I used God is Good.


And I added this verse to the back.


On for this tag, I used a sentiment from Walk By Faith, which I stamped twice --
once on the background and once on the swirled Confetti Cut.
 

And the verse on the back.


 

 

 

 

  

Here's a list of the other Reverse Confetti DT that are sharing
Halloween projects today on their blogs:


Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

11 comments:

Annheidel said...

Oh, I love these! Such darling little tags and a great pick-me-up. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

What a unique and lovely gift idea, Leigh, simply awesome!!

~amy~ said...

Leigh, such a great project!

Lisa H. said...

Oh wow!!! These are delightful. What a great idea.

Audrey Pettit said...

Omword, Leigh! I LOVE every little thing about this sweet project! What a great idea your SIL had for some Thanksgiving blessing, and I absolutely LOVE your beautiful examples! Love your sentiment and scriptures and LOVE how you used the swirlies dies! Gorgeous colors! They look amazing tied to the pears. Cannot tell you enough how smitten I am over these!

Jeanne J. said...

What a wonderful surprise to find here! I know you're going to absolutely delight the folks you give these to Leigh!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful project Leigh!

Joyce said...

Fantastic, Leigh.

Lisa Elton said...

Your sister-in-law's idea was wonderful Leigh and I love the way you've replicated it here!!

Connie said...

Very special & creative!

Beth H. said...

I love that you include your faith in your crafting!