Friday, September 02, 2016

Five for Friday

1. Well, here we are at the end of summer.... Sigh...
It's always hard to see my favourite season come to an end.
It was a fun couple of months, that's for sure...

2. Our Corn & Apple Festival was last week...
We took Lucy to the parade (we've been dog watching her for a couple of weeks
and will be sad when her owners arrive later today to pick her up!)



3. Our favourite comedian came to perform at the Corn & Apple Festival: Matt Falk.
We've been driving to different locations to see him perform for a few years now
so it was great to have him come to our town for a show!


After Matt's show, the kids and I went on the Ferris Wheel together
and Austin took this photo.


Such fun times with my favourite people!


4. My friend, Ingrid (Lucy's owner), gave me a devotion book at the end of July
called Jesus Calling.
I wake up early, before anyone else, so I've been getting up and sitting in the rising sunshine
on my couch and reading it, along with my Bible.
I've never been good at having a "quiet time" with God, but this past month, 
I've been very consistent with it and have looked forward to spending this time with Him
-- reading His Word and praying.
I came across this verse last week (Psalm 65:3) and loved it so much,  
I had to highlight it in my Journaling Bible.


I stamped images from my PTI Feather Finery set in Hawaiian Shores
and Tropical Teal.


I've also been doing a devotion from Proverbs 31 along with the Jesus Calling
and found this quote to be quite inspiring, so I added it to my Journaling Bible.


I used my new PTI Stylized Autumn Leaves to embellish my quote.



5. And lastly, I have a card to share for the

I combined two brand new sets that I received in the mail recently:
Essentials by Ellen's Mondo Peony set and Concord & 9th's Barnwood Background.


I stamped my Barnwood Background stamp on white cardstock using Altenew's Evening Grey ink.
I stamped the Mondo Peony stamps on their coordinating diecuts (from watercolour paper)
in versafine onyx black and heat embossed them in clear.
I used my Zig Markers and a water bush to colour them in.


I stamped the sentiment (from PTI's Tropics) in versafine onyx black as well.

Thanks for looking!







SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

14 comments:

Diana K said...

What a beautiful post! Beautiful family and beautiful creating. How come I'm not surprised that you can write so beautifully too?!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful Bible journaling and love that barnwood background! Looks like some fun family memories going on this summer! A coworker highly recommended Jesus Calling and I think I bought it and never read it! How sad is that...but you've inspired me to dust it off! Have a great day!

*Vicki* said...

Really fabulous post today!! Wonderful family photos and I love your bible journaling along with your pretty card!! Thanks for sharing and happy Friday!

Karen B. said...

Such an artsy post, love it!

Patti said...

What a wonderful post Leigh!! I love seeing the kids smiling faces again. I had such a great time meeting all of you this summer.

Your card is beautiful! I love that background stamp made perfect with Altenew's wonderful ink!

Have fun looking forward to all the blessings thatJesus has for you in the NEXT season.

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like a wonderful way to say farewell to your summer Leigh! Your bible journaling is lovely and so is your card. What a fabulous big bloom!

Megan Carroll said...

Fun post and love your stamped feathers in your Bible. Have a great long weekend!

Richa Maurya said...

Wow...beautiful posts..and love the family snaps.Thank you for dropping by my blog..
Love
Richa
apaper-palette.blogspot.com

Celeste Goff said...

The bible journaling is amazing as is that gorgeous card Leigh!

Vikki H said...

Sweet note to end the summer season and your journal entries are perfect.

cm said...

From the photos of fabulous times spent with your favourite people, to the wonderfully inspiring verses, to the pretty bible journaling, to the absolutely gorgeous card: your post has gone miles in lifting MY spirits! Thank you for a very much needed 'perk' this morning.
Hugs~c

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! Love that big mondo peony!

Kris said...

Beautiful post, Leigh. Love your card, your bible journaling, and am thankful for all you share with us. My daughter gave me Jesus Calling a couple of years ago, and it's such a gift to know that we're each being touched by the same words each day -- she calls it her "little slice of Heaven!"

Audrey Pettit said...

Summer is such a special time, it really is hard to see it come to an end. I'm so glad you had your festival to look forward to on your last weekend. And your journaling bible is so pretty. Love your gorgeous card, too! Peonies are a favorite of mine, and I always adore wood grain! Beautiful!