Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Altenew August Inspiration Challenge, MFT Wednesday Sketch 292 & Butterfly Reflections Ink August Mood Board

Today, I have a couple of cards to share for a few challenges...

My first card is for the Altenew August Inspiration Challenge:


I love the colours in this month's challenge and 
I was also inspired by the graphic to make my card.


I started by inking up a panel of soft stone cardstock with 
Morning Frost and Evening Grey to create an ombre effect for my background.
I diecut several Painted Flowers and stamped them with the coordinating
stamps in versafine onyx black, as well as in Altenew's
Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Morning Frost and Evening Grey.


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI Spring Woods)
in Versafine Onyx Black.

My second card is for the MFT Wednesday Sketch 292:




Here's my card, using MFT Flashy Florals:


I started by stamping my flowers and leaves onto their coordinating diecuts,
as well as onto my soft stone background.
I wanted my flower centre to be aqua mist, so I actually stamped it first
onto my diecut and then a second time in versamark and then I heat embossed it in clear.
Then, when I stamped the flower over top, I wiped off the ink from the heat
embossing and the aqua resisted the ink.
I was pleased with how this turned out!


I diecut my frame using my PTI Shaker Shapes: Square die and stamped
my sentiment (from PTI's Choose Joy) in Altenew Dessert Night.
(For the leaves and flower, I used Altenew Morning Frost, 
Evening Grey, Coral Berry and Ruby Red.)

Thanks for looking!

24 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how you created the ombre feel on the first card. Stunning! And the second. The neutral tones leaves are swoon worthy Leigh!

Annheidel said...

Oh wow, your Painted Flowers card is gorgeous! The pink really pops.

Audrey Pettit said...

I am always in awe of your floral creations! Wow, these are gorgeous! That inked ombré background is awesome, and I love that you added the grey into the leaves. Such a beautiful and eye catching color combo. The layered framework on card two is amazing, too. And love that turquoise flower center!

Audrey Pettit said...

These are both so very, very amazing!

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are both so beautiful Leigh, I especially love your take on the flamingo inspiration, with the ombre background and your gorgeous painted flowers!

Jen W. said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Leigh, but the first one is especially stunning. That ombre background and gorgeous cluster of flowers made me swoon! :)

Betty said...

two gorgeous cards Leigh = hard to choose a favorite.

Karen B. said...

Both are great but ummm....wow....that first one takes my breath away! So lovely!

Patti said...

Oh Leigh you never cease to amaze me!! both cards are wonderful!! but your first card is a SHOW STOPPER!! wow!

Patti

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Stunning designs.

Vickie Z said...

Both cards are wonderful but, the Aline's card is gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

Leigh, both of these are classy and beautiful, well done!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Leigh, both of them!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I am and always will be mesmerized by your style and creativity Leigh!
Bravo!!

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a lovely card.. I love love this altenew painted flower set.. but your card made me fall in love with this set once again.. Thank you for sharing it..

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh. Especially love the painted flowers... the pink hues are so pretty. Also love the lay-out!

cm said...

A duo of WOW! You have the Midas Touch with florals...in AWE!
Hugs~c

Celeste Goff said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards Leigh!

Pia S said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love how you used the background colors to make an ombré effect on your first card, and the cluster of flowers looks beautiful.

Miriam Prantner said...

That first card is so striking! I love the ombre!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love both cards Leigh!

Lin said...

Leigh, just had to pop over and tell you how much I love your Painted Flowers card - fantastic design based on the sketch!

maria f. said...

Love those Altenew blooms and your card with them is stunning in those colors.

Diana K said...

Leigh, these are just gorgeous! How did I miss them? I especially love what you did with the Altenew inspiration - wow!