Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stamp-a-faire 2016 -- Part II

Well, I came back from lunch with my friend
to find that Sage had gone to the farm with her dad for the afternoon.
So, I had to carry on with the challenges solo. :(

I decided to tackle Danielle's Gilded in Gold Challenge.
First of all, I tried using the Liquid Leaf with a Stencil, but that didn't work.
So I decided to create a large stripe of it on my card.


I stamped my Sketched Florals flower and leaves in berry sorbet
and aqua mist several times using my MISTI and inking my stamp
with an ink blender in between stampings.
I stamped the sentiment (from Songbirds) in versamark
on a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed it in white.


I decided to add some Liquid Gold to the flower centre
and was pretty happy when it turned out in the shape of a heart.

For my next card, I had an extra "faith" diecut from my Starry Night card,
so I coated it with Liquid Gold.


I stamped the Sketched Florals stamps and leaves in aqua mist and
mint julep using the same method as my first card.


I stamped the sentiment from Inspired: Faith in versafine onyx black ink
and adhered my gold diecut.

And lastly, I made a card for Melissa's Floral Impressionism Challenge.


Once again, I used the same Sketched Florals stamps and dies
and the same technique that Melissa demonstrated.
I blended some sweet blush onto my background and 
adhered my flowers and leaves.


I diecut the Layered Banner Banter dies from white cardstock
and blended some summer sunrise onto the background diecut.
I stamped the sentiment (from Layered Banner Banter) twice --
the first time in berry sorbet (twice with my MISTI), and 
then a third time, offset slightly, in summer sunrise that was stamped off first.

Well, Sage is home, we've eaten supper and we're going 
to watch the next Stamp-a-faire videos and see how many
cards we can make this evening.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Tammie Koehnen said...

Love the cards you created for PTI stamp-a-faire Leigh! They are lovely, and so inspiring. 😊

Betty said...

all your card look wonderful Leigh - I'm still working on the gold and trying not to gild myself while I'm at it!!!

cm said...

A trio of stunning cards, Leigh! Your strip of gold in your first card is lovely; such a pretty background for your pretty flower and leaves! Your second is equally as beautiful; the gold Faith really pops against your flowers. Your floral arrangement on the third...sighhhh! Yet again, your flair for arranging flowers is breath-taking! Glad to hear Sage is home; hope you two have an excellent crafting evening!
Hugs~c

samantha's cards said...

Wonderful cards. i really admire your talent.

Karen said...

Lovely! All three are wonderful.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the way you stamped the flowers on the last one. Going to have to pin this for sure! And the gold leaf is amazing!

Sandy S. said...

All three are beautiful, Leigh. The "Faith" card is especially elegant.

Nora Noll said...

Amazing!!

Lisa Elton said...

You are on a PTI roll Leigh, these are beautiful!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Aww, I know you were missing your little crafting buddy! But, WOW, your cards are stunning! I LOVE them all!

Greta said...

Your cards are beautiful, Leigh! I love how you painted a strip of the gold on your card front--gotta try that now!

Danielle Flanders said...

How gorgeous, Leigh! ALL of them!!