Friday, April 22, 2016

Five for Friday

Hey there!
I realize that I haven't posted a Five for Friday in a while,
so I thought today would be a great day to do so...


1. We've had a busy last couple of months.
All three of my kids have been involved with different performance related things.
Our town has had our Festival of the Arts and Sage & Jonah each played two songs for piano, back in March.
They both did really well.
Sage and I also played Amazing Grace as a duet for Sacred Evening.


We picked up matching scarves for our performance. ;)


2.  Jonah and I also played a duet -- Mission Impossible.
This was so much fun, but it was very challenging for me.
Our hard work paid off though, because we got a great mark...
AND we got asked to play it again at the Highlights Concert on May 1st.
Sage has done poems at Highlights in past years, but none of us have ever been
asked to play there for piano, so we're pretty excited.


3. Last week. Sage performed in the Vocal part of Festival of the Arts.
She started taking voice lessons in the fall and performed four songs --
three solos (His Eye is On the Sparrow, Touch the Sky (from Brave) and Over the Rainbow)
and a duet with her friend, Faith, called Child of the Universe.


They did such a great job on their duet -- and they wore our matching scarves, too.

Sage did very well on her solos, too. 
I'm was quite blown away by how she's not looking like my little girl quite so much anymore 
-- she's growing into a lovely, confident young woman.

*Edited to add: Sage did so well in her solo performances that we got two phone calls this week:
one to tell us that she had one an award
& two to ask if she would sing Touch the Sky at the Hilites Concert!



4. Austin has been busy performing with his choir (they performed at the Brandon Jazz Festival
last month, as did Jonah's choir and I got to go along, 
as well as at the Morden Festival of the Arts last week.)


(He's right in the middle in this photo, to the left of the boy with the red tie.)
He's also busy with rehearsals for his school play -- Trixie the Teenage Detective, 
which opens next week.

Jonah is also going to be in his school play -- Shrek Jr. -- next month and both
boys have Coffee House fundraisers coming up for their choirs
and Sage and Jonah have recitals for piano (and another one for Sage for voice),
so the next few weeks will be busy -- but fun, as I really enjoy watching my kids perform!


5. Last week, Austin brought home his best report card ever -- which was awesome!
We had the parent-teacher conferences last Friday, so I made butter crunch for his teachers,
but his drama teacher doesn't eat sugar, so we brought him a pineapple.


I made tags for the butter crunch and the pineapple, 
using my PTI Journaling Tag die, my SSS Big Scripty Sentiments
and my MFT stencil.



Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Love, love, love hearing about all your kids performances. So awesome Leigh!

merryf said...

Congratulations on all these wonderful accomplishments!

Betty said...

so fun to read about your darling children - they are all so talented!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, what an amazing group of kiddos you have! All so talented and such fabulous young adults. Love how involved you all are! TFS!

!neke said...

Great writing about your lovely children !

Be blessed !!!

Ineke X

Diana K said...

Love your Five for Fridays, Leigh! Love keeping up with you and your amazing kids! Did they get all of their musical talent from you? Can't believe how fast they're growing - we need a pic of Jonah next time, okay? :)

Marisa said...

A HUGE congrats to your kids!!! It is so wonderful seeing them excel in something they love :)

Sharon Underwood said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see you're a musician, along with your kids! These are events they will never, ever forget. Bless you for enriching their lives -- and yours -- in such a way as to create such wonderful memories. I, too, was a pianist. Majored in Performing Arts in college. My mother and I used to play duets together. How I long for those days now that she's gone!

Kris said...

Awesome children, awesome post, and awesome Awesome tag, Leigh! I'm with Diana and love your Five for Fridays! Would definitely be great to live next door and get to listen to family music night :)

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! How exciting for your children. They are so talented!!! I LOVE the matching scarves!!

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for the catch up on the kiddos Leigh!! Congrats all around!!

Tracey McNeely said...

You have been a busy family Leigh! Wonderful to hear about all the kids performances! Love the pineapple teacher gift! ;)

Gerry said...

I love your card posts, but I have missed your family updates! You've been very busy. So talented, and pretty/handsome. Lovely family.

Megan Carroll said...

Great update Leigh! And congrats to your children on all of their accomplishments!

Joyce said...

It's been way to long since I stopped by and caught one of your family updates. Happy to hear how well everyone is doing, and impressed that you have such a talented and musical family. Sage is indeed growing into a lovely and beautiful young woman. You are clearly doing something right!!