Sunday, January 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop


Well, it's the 25th of the month, which means it's time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.
The challenge is hearts.


I absolutely love the collage of photos Nichole chose!
So I decided to make my cards, based on the photos she picked.
Nichole also challenged us to make them for the people who are dearest to us in the world.
I've made my cards for my three children. :)


First up, my Valentine's card for my oldest son, Austin.
I was inspired by the top left hand photo -- Austin's favourite colour is orange.
Here's my card:


I stamped the sentiment (from Monthly Moments: February) in versa mark and heat
embossed it in white on orange zest card stock.
Then, I inked up my craft mat with some scarlet jewel ink and sprayed it with water.
Using a paint brush, I painted the heart, free hand. 
Then, I repeated this process with some raspberry fizz ink, trying to just ink in certain areas of the heart.
When it was dry, I ran the panel through my diecutting machine with my PTI woodgrain IP.

Next, I was inspired by the photo in the first column, second from the bottom.
I love the layered filmy hearts!
I decided to use my new Masterpiece kit to make my card for Sage...


I stamped the solid heart from the kit's stamp set repeatedly on my stamper's select white background,
in melon berry, sweet blush, hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz and pure poppy.
Then, I cut a piece of vellum and heat embossed my sentiment on it in white (MM:February).
I sewed it onto my white panel and filled it with some sequins (Pretty Pink Posh's Raspberry, Pink Blush, Pink Peonies, Watermelon).


I love the way the hearts look under the vellum panel!

For my next card, I was inspired by the pencil crayons in the bottom left-hand column.
Since, Jonah has taken up drawing, I decided to use my new Masterpiece kit for his card.


On a panel of stamper's select white, I stamped the frame in versa mark and heat embossed it in white.
Then, I inked it with my Tim Holtz blending tool in pure poppy,
orange zest, summer sunrise, limeade ice & simply chartreuse.
I stamped the sentiments & diecut the frame.
I added some enamel dots to the front and added a few diecut paintbrushes.


To add some authenticity to my paint brushes, I heat embossed the coloured part in clear, so they shine a little, like they're wet.

Well, that's it for me today.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the hop -- the PTI blog hops are always so inspiring!

Thanks for looking!




35 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such pretty projects!

Nancy Penir said...

All wonderful, Leigh! Orange is my grandson's favorite too!

Birgit said...

All your cards are beautiful! I love that you hand painted the heart on the first one. Excellent work!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great collection of cards Leigh and I'm sure the children will love them. All so pretty and different but my favourite is the last one.
Hugs
Carol x

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic cards! I like them all, the colors of the artistic one are really eye catching.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful cards Leigh! I especially love the last one with the way you blended the background colors...SO pretty!! :0)

Mandy LaCroix said...

Very cute! I love them all! Esp the "paint set" one. Adorbs, Leigh!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh gorgeous collection of cards, I love the Scarlet Jewel/Raspberry Fizz combination for the heart! Gorgeous!

Linda said...

These are gorgeous, Leigh! I especially love the first one, which is a great masculine take on Valentine's Day!

StephH said...

Beautiful collection of cards Leigh! I love that each one are made specific to the likes of each of your kiddos. Am sure they will love receiving these on V-Day!

Joyce said...

These are all fantastic.

Luanne said...

Love them all Leigh! That artist pallette is so awesome, it's my favorite!

Karen said...

Great projects! I just love the last one!

victoria h said...

fabulous cards - love them all

Nora Noll said...

Um, stunning each and every one of them!! I LOVE the hearts under the vellum from that kit. Wish I got the kit now!!

Betty Wright said...

These are wonderful, Leigh! Love the different looks!

Annette Allen said...

wow all of your cards are just gorgeous.. nice work.. totally love

Rhonda said...

Nicely done Leigh. Love that they are all so different.

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous cards, Leigh! I especially LOVE the first card with the painted heart,

Kristie Goulet said...

These are gorgeous, Leigh!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Great variety of pretty cards Leigh! Love the wood grain texture on the first! Happy hopping!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! These are all wonderful Leigh!! That last one makes me wish I had gotten that kit! Beautiful work!

Kathy said...

Three such beautiful and unique cards, just like your children, I'm sure. Great heart card designs for the PTI blog hop challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow. Your cards are beautiful. Love the one with the vellum. Such pretty colors. The masterpiece one is very colorful.

Megan Carroll said...

Great cards Leigh! So different and beautiful!

janelle said...

A wonderful bunch of cards. Love what you created from the inspiration.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

How clever are these cards?? I am so impressed by how many different variations you created. Each one is unique, yet each one is totally different. Just goes to show what a versatile artist you are! Thanks for the inspiration!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my...love all three of your ideas...they are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

A delightful post Leigh! Your kids are going to love these!

Nancy Guse said...

Love your cards especially the woodgrain heart!! Each of them are Beautiful!!

yyam said...

Gosh! they are all so pretty!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Leigh. Love the different look on all 3. The vellum overlay looks wonderful on the second card. Fun pallet on the last card. Well done!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! My favorite is the last one. I just love the inking on the panel and I love that set all around!

Nathalie said...

Oooh, that last one is fabulous! You're so good for making cards for each of your kids!

cm said...

Officially rendered speechless with these cards, Leigh. SPEECHLESS! Love these x 100000000!
~c