Monday, April 21, 2014

Crafty Peeps Card Kit Club - April

Today, I have four cards to share that I made for the Card Kit Club
that I'm a part of with some of my "crafty peeps".

This month's gorgeous kit was provided by the incredibly talented Kristii Lockart --
I just love her style!
She sent us a packaged filled with Simple Stories patterned paper & some fun die cuts.

Here's the first card I made, using the patterned paper, card stock and "thanks" die cut
from the kit.


I cut the patterned paper on an angle for the tilt and added 

My next card uses more patterned paper from the kit....


I love that woodgrain and used it as a background, but added another strip of patterned
woodgrain along the top.
I cut out the mini journaling cards and stamped a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Slide Frame
("hello") and Wet Paint II ("you").
A few PTI buttons and twine finish it off.

I gave this next card to my husband yesterday for our eighteenth anniversary....


Kristii sent this Chevron Coverplate die cut along in the kit, so I backed it 
with some PTI tropical teal & aqua mist card stock, with a strip of the solid Simple Stories 
patterned paper from the kit in between.
I made the tag using some aqua mist card stock and Reverse Confetti's Tag Me die, which I elongated by only die cutting the top of the tag and trimming out the rest with my paper trimmer.
The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's Lots to Say -- can you believe I don't have a stamp
that says "Happy Anniversary"? Crazy!
I added a little bit of heart patterned paper from the kit and a PTI button and twine.

And lastly, I made this card...


I die two sheets of the kit's patterned paper with my Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies
 (the floral & a solid navy.)
I adhered these to some aqua mist card stock for my base and stamped
the sentiments from PTI's Wet Paint in navy.
To finish it off, I added some 4mm sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

 Please hop on over to my talented crafty peep, Jen Carter's blog
to see what she made with Kristii's kit.

And speaking of Pretty Pink Posh.....


Just a reminder that the Pretty Pink Posh Blog Hop
is coming up this Saturday.
The blog hop will run from the 26th to the 28th.
Paulina will have a spot to link up your sequin shaker cards on her blog.
(& she also has she also has a tutorial on her blog
if you'd like to learn how to make a sequin shaker card.)
It's sure to be a lot of fun!

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Alanna said...

These are all so pretty. What a fun kit.

Tonya Jastad said...

Leigh I love all these cards but I think my fav is the one you made for your husband! Happy Anniversary!

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE these Leigh, full of spring!

Anonymous said...

So cute, every one of them!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such pretty cards! I'm really loving all the floral papers!

Diane Jaquay said...

Leigh, these are all WONDERFUL!! I especially love the first one (that die cut sentiment is so striking!), but the others are fabulous too :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All of your cards are fabulous Leigh, what a great kit! I love the papers, your last card is awesome!

Kara said...

lovely! the first is my fave!

Jen Carter said...

I LOVE how you've used all of the kit contents!! My favorite is the first card! Love the orientation, the papers and the sequins! Very pretty projects!

Sara Mac said...

These are all so beautiful Leigh. I love the ombre look behind the chevron cover plate. Looks like an amazing little card kit.

Megan Carroll said...

You've been busy! Great post Leigh!!

craftmates said...

All beautiful cards. But the first is my fave. Love the angled cut and the big thanks die - Irma

Lynn said...

A gorgeous set of cards Leigh. I love all the fabulous patterned paper.

cm said...

What a fun kit you had to play with, and the results = a gallery of gorgeous!
c

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful work Leigh!!!

Yolanda Garrido said...

I bought these papers some weeks ago and your works were so inspiring for me!! Thanks a lot for sharing! The cards are really fantastic!

Joan B said...

these are beautiful!