Thursday, August 08, 2013

Simply Sweet


Today I have a card that I'd like to share for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Watermelon Wonder.


I got my new PTI Scent-sationals stamp set in the mail yesterday and couldn't resist making a card using the sweet little watermelon in the set! I stamped the leaves along the sides of my card for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Stamping Random Background patterns.


I used some Crate Paper The Pier patterned paper for the centre panel and the picket fence diecut. I cut the stamped watermelon image out by hand (I'm hopeful that PTI will be releasing some dies for these images next month!)

If you stop by tomorrow, I'll have another card for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Watermelon Wonder, for my weekly Fresh Squeezed Stamps post.

Thanks for looking!




12 comments:

Renee said...

Adorable!
Love the leaves stamped on the background!
I didn't even think about using this until SAF...
I don't know what I'm waiting for...
I guess maybe so they'll tell me what to do with it! *giggle*

TLady said...

This is SOOO SWEET Leigh!!!!!! LOOOOOOVE that Picket Fence Die from PTI!!!! AND I'll have to check out the watermelon....!!!!!:) LOVE IT!!!!:)

Michelle said...

Leigh, your cards make me sigh with contentment. They are THAT good. And this one is simply sweet.:)

Sandy Kay said...

Leigh, that is adorable - love it!

Sara Mac said...

Sweet card Leigh. Love how you used the picket fence. I'm always stumped trying to use that. Love the stitching detail too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Leigh, love your combination of stamp sets. Thank you so much for joining us for the Watermelon Wonder challenge.

Kathryn A said...

I love this! That watermelon looks good enough to eat! (Too bad I'm going to have to wait till Sept. to get stamp set!)

victoria h said...

Beautiful card- like your mix of sentiments. Can't wait to see this stamp set now (takes longer to get to England).

Nancy Penir said...

Leigh, this is darling! Must check out that challenge. And I think that PTI new release is the only watermelon I own! May have to break it out early!

Marlena M. said...

This is lovely Leigh!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute and sweet, Leigh!

Kelly Griglione said...

A picket fence and watermelon ... can't get more summer-y than that!