Friday, July 12, 2013

Love this


Hey there! It's Friday, which means it's my day to post for Fresh Squeezed Stamps. Today, I'm sharing a beach layout. Beach photos are some of my favourite photos to scrapbook and as soon as I saw the Subway Series: Summer stamp set, I knew I wanted to use it on some layouts.

I also knew that it would be perfect for Sketch #4 from Create: Sketches:


This was a 8.5x11" layout, which I converted to a 12x12. I used some old Fancy Pants patterned paper from my stash, as well as an old ticket (I can't even remember who made this-- Jenni Bowlin maybe?) and a Freckled Fawn wooden word.


Here's a close up of the gorgeous Subway Series: Summer stamp, which I stamped on patterned paper and heat embossed in white. I also impressed it with my woodgrain impression plate. Behind the wooden word embellishment, I layered some stamped images from Breath of Fresh Flair.


To finish if off, I added some journaling on a ticket and added a stamped sailboat from Subway Series: Summer. I did a little masking to get it there. Oh, and that's a Tim Holtz paper clip.


Now, if you read my blog regularly, then you know I've been trying to make a layout and a card with each sketch from the Create: Sketches book. So, I want you to know that I did actually make a card with this sketch, too -- I posted it here on my blog last Friday. I flipped it 90 degrees and stamped the sentiment in three different colours. It might seem like a bit of a stretch, but honestly, it was inspired by the sketch. ;)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Leigh! Such a brilliant use of that subway art, pinned it so I can CASE it!

Donna said...

Great layout! I so love how you incorporate stamps into your scrapbooking. The little sailboat @ the bottom is perfectly placed! Will be CASing this.

Lyndal said...

Fab layout Leigh - I think it may be a Tim Holtz ticket :)