Sunday, December 10, 2017

Tag You're It #79 -- Guest Featured Artist

A couple of months ago, I was asked by my talented friend, Carol,
if I would be interested in being the Guest Featured Artist for the Tag You're It Challenge.
Some of you might remember that I was a member of the TYI Design Team a couple of years ago.
As this challenge holds a special place in my heart, I immediately accepted Carol's invitation.

And I'm extra glad I did, because it turns out that Tag You're It #79 will be their last challenge.
So I hope you'll play along while you still have the chance.


I bought some super pretty wrapping paper from Chapter's earlier this fall (click here, here & here),
so I decided to make a tag to coordinate with these lovely colours.


I started by diecutting my MFT snowflake from white cardstock and pressed the tips of
it into my versamark pad, so I could emboss them in gold.
I adhered it to a tag I created using PTI aqua mist cardstock and Tag Sale #5.


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Fillable Frames #10) in versamark and heat
embossed it in white on a strip of black cardstock.

Please visit Tag You're It #79 to see what the other designers were inspired to create
based on my tag, and to play along, if you'd like.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful tag !!!!!
We have lots of snow !!!

cm said...

Leigh, I'm so honoured you accepted my guest invitation and oh my! Your fusion of your inspiration wrapping papers has resulted in a gorgeous tag! Love the light blue background and the stunning snowflakes sporting whispers of gold! Thank you so much, my friend, for being our Featured Artist for this finale challenge!
Hugs~c

Kara Lynne said...

Thanks for your beautiful inspiration, Leigh! I love the colors and embossing. I was really excited to CASE it!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE that tag you created with the touch of gold. So sad to see this challenge blog go by the wayside. So fun to make the tags!!

Bobby said...

Thanks for being our last Featured Artist, Leigh. The soft blue makes a lovely tag and I love the gold dipped snowflakes.

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful tag Leigh! Love the gold embossed tips of the snowflake! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Elton said...

The gold dipped tips of your snowflake are so elegant! This is fabulous Leigh!

Ruth said...

What a beautiful colour for your tag - it works so well with the hints of gold and the white snowflake. xx

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so elegant, Leigh! I love the smidge of gold on the snowflake's tips! Hoping I can play along for the last TYI challenge!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful tag Leigh. I love the gold at the tips!