Thursday, May 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop

I have a card to share for today's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.

Our challenge was to use this beautiful photo as inspiration:


Isn't it pretty?
I was inspired by the colours and pattern and chose to use my Floral Bouquet stamp set


Here's my card:


I stamped my Fresh Bouquet outline stamp all over my piece of watercolour paper
in versamark and heat embossed it in clear.
Then, I colour it in using my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers and a water brush.


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Think Big Sentiments) 
on a strip of cardstock and heat embossed it in white.
I also added a scalloped frame from the Shakers and Sprinkles kit,
which I diecut from another piece of watercolour paper.

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic card Leign! You've captured the inspiration photo beautifully!

DIANA L. said...

very pretty great colors

Carmela said...

Very pretty florals! I like how you added the frame!

Monika Reeck said...

sweet choice of flower stamp
love your Big sentiment
sweet card
I join too PTI Blog hop so so happy if you like to visit my card..its here
http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2017/05/pti-mayblog-hop-challenge-card-and-one.html
hugs

Monika

Heidi said...

Love the watercoloring! That strip of teal perfectly pulls all the colors together.

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful! Love this stamp set--it's perfect for this challenge!

Vikki H said...

Bold and beautiful, Leigh! Your water coloring is so pretty and the extra frame detail adds a perfect touch!

Julia Aston said...

Love the look of the watercolor over the clear embossing and your pretty framing Leigh! Julia xx

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Leigh! Your flowers are just GORGEOUS...love it!! :0)

Lynn said...

Beautiful. Love how you combined the inspiration photo and sketch.

Nancy Penir said...

So pretty, Leigh!

Marybeth said...

Saw this on Instagram and Loved it! Very beautiful!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! And what a beautiful take on the sketch!

tonyamaries said...

So pretty! Lovely colors!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Pretty watercolouring Leigh!

paperkicks said...

Lovely card, Leigh!! Great interpretation of both challenges!

~amy~ said...

Leigh, this is so pretty!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Leigh,
Your card is beautiful and works so well with both challenges! The pretty scalloped edge really sets off the gorgeous coloring.Love it!

Kathy Mc said...

Great take on the photo, Leigh! Live your flowers and framed design!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Leigh. So pretty! Love the flower images you used... and the pretty colors... great take on the photo!

Greta said...

Wow--one of the best cards in the Hop--love this!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is dreamy!