Monday, May 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Frosting

The LEAD of the Frosting Challenge will be invited as a 
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

I know it's cupcakes in the photo, but I saw pretty flowers!Here's my card:



I decided to use both Reverse Confetti and Essentials by Ellen products
to make my card for this month's Mix It Up Challenge.

I stamped my Mondo Hydrangea blossom three times onto my watercolour panel
and, after heat embossing them, I coloured them in with my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers
and a water brush.
I created a mask for the hydrangeas and stencilled Altenew Morning Frost ink over them
using my Tim Holtz Woodgrain stencil.

 

I stamped the sentiment (from Reverse Confetti's Simply Sentiments) onto
 a strip of Stone Cardstock which I adhered with dimensional adhesive.

Make sure you visit each of the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge
 designers' blogs for more inspiration!
Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the soft pinks and grays and hydrangeas Leigh!

~amy~ said...

beautiful!

Marisa said...

Love the hydrangeas and the subtle, soft, woodgrain background.

Bobby said...

It seems we often have the same ideas for our cards, Leigh, only you have them first. The hydrangea is beautiful and a great way to mimic the frosted cupcakes.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Leigh!

Karen B. said...

Love the subtle woodrain background.

SonjaK said...

I totally love hydrangeas and they look so pretty in the different pinks you used on your card. Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration, Leigh! Love the hydrangeas!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful sympathy card Leigh. I like the woodgrain behind the peonies!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love t his, one of my favourite sets of all time!