Friday, February 17, 2017

Papertrey Ink's Celebrating the Past, Present & Future -- 2008

Today, I have a card to share that I made for Papertrey Ink's

I don't own any sets from PTI that were released in 2008,
but I was inspired by this card that Betsy Veldman shared,
using Out On a Limb:


I just love this card from Betsy and decided to make a 
card that is very similar, using Spring Woods.


I blended Altenew Sea Glass and Forest Glades inks onto my background.
I stamped the bird and branches from Spring Woods onto their coordinating diecuts
using these two inks, as well as Sand Dunes and Dark Chocolate.


I stamped my sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink, using a sentiment from Songbirds.

I was also inspired by the colours of this week's Colour Throwdown Challenge:



Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSave

9 comments:

cm said...

Such a pretty take on Betsy's card, filled with your special touches!
Hugs~c

Darnell said...

You did an amazing CASE of Betsy's card using the Spring Woods set, Leigh! Your blending is perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty cards Leigh! I like the little pop of pink on the first one. Have a wonderful weekend!

Leanne said...

Beautiful!! I was also inspired by the same card, but made it differently using the same set as you did.

TK said...

Beautiful! I can see why you'd CASE this, and now everyone will want to CASE your card!

Vikki H said...

Gorgeous card and your ink-blending on the background perfectly supports the frame! Another card to case!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful!! Love this sweet scene! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely adore your ink blended background and that sweet frame from the branches! So, so beautiful!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a fabulous card (you're making it hard for me to resist buying this stamp set - lol)! So glad to have you joining us at Color Throwdown!