Monday, October 12, 2015

October Pinterest Inspired Challenge -- Take Two

Today I have another card to share that I made for the


I just loved it so much, I had to make another card using it!
(Click here to see my first card.)

Here's my card:


I diecut some leaves from vellum using my Songbirds die
and adhered them to my card background.
Then, I spritzed some watercolour paper with water and coloured over top
of the wetness with my Blue Zig Clean Colour Brush Marker.
Once it was dry, I diecut it with the Songbirds die
and adhered them over top of the vellum leaves.


I stamped my sentiment (from Wplus9's Grateful Greetings stamp set)
onto a strip of true black cardstock & heat embossed it in white.
I adhered the strip with some dimensional adhesive.
Some rainstones finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

23 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Another gorgeous take on the inspiration photo! Love the vellum and watercolored leaves together!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY! I had forgotten the leafy branch from Songbird!

Diane Jaquay said...

I just love how you colored the leaves, so reminiscent of the inspiration photo, really gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

SO gorgeous, Leigh! Every little detail here is absolutely stunning!

maria f. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Kristie Goulet said...

Stunning card, Leigh!!!

Kathy said...

I saw the first card and liked it, but seeing Take 2, I love this more! I think it's because you painted first, the diecut the leaves and they are very crisp-looking. That blue color and the vellum are winners either way! :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Absolutely...stunning! Love everything about this beauty, Leigh!
Happy Thanksgiving! We are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving today too! Roasting my turkey right now...even though the temps are in the high 90's (34 C)!

Anonymous said...

A lovely card.

I Card Everyone said...

Leigh this is magnificent! You know I can't resist vellum anything ... and that blue?!!! Brilliant!
=]

~amy~ said...

Sooooo pretty!!!

Joyce said...

Wow!! This is just as pretty as your first card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love these leaves! They look so pretty with the bit of watercolor wash. I just got this die myself but haven't tried it out yet!!

Clare said...

This is just beautiful, Leigh! So simple and beautiful! And man, I really need to get me some of those gorgeous rainstones!

Lisa Elton said...

Delicate and lovely Leigh!

Marion said...

This is beautiful Leigh :)

Happy Dance said...

This is beautiful, Leigh. I don't know which I like more; the vellum leaves or the watercolored ones. Together they make a gorgeous design. And those rainstones are perfect for this card. Love this! Bev

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh! I love your faithful take on the prompt Leigh!
Really really beautiful...

TaeEun said...

This is beautiful, Leigh!

yyam said...

Very elegant! LOVE the watercoloured leaves!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

It's so beautiful and gentle! Great take of the inspiration picture!

cm said...

A second helping that's as lovely as the first! The stitched leaves, the vellum...perfect pairing!
Hugs~c