Thursday, September 10, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #140

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #140 designed by Chrissy Larson:



Here's my card:

CAS(E) This Sketch 140 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I diecut one side of Reverse Confetti's Double Edge Scallop Border from
a piece of paper and used the negative as a stencil to ink
the waves onto my card, starting with the lightest colour (spring rain)
and then moving the stencil down to ink the darker colour (blueberry sky)
and then lastly with enchanted evening.

CAS(E) This Sketch 140 Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I stamped the boat and birds from PTI's Guiding Lights stamp set.
I stamped the sentiment (also from Guiding Lights) onto another piece of white 
cardstock and trimmed it into strips and adhered it to my panel using dimensional adhesive.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, September 17th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

tonyamaries said...

Great job! I love the waves!

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a beautiful take on the sketch Leigh!
Very inspiring ;)
Thank You!

Birgit said...

This is just darling! Thanks for the tip on how you inked up your waves.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely design Leigh!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Terrific card for this sketch, Leigh! Love the waves :)

I Card Everyone said...

This sentiment will always be on my favorites list, Leigh .. well done - and thanks for the share about the RC die - I never know what or how to use it!
=]

Megan Carroll said...

So creative! Love your take on the sketch!

Alanna said...

Fun card Leigh. Love the design.

Lisa Elton said...

There is a lovely peacefulness to this Leigh, very pretty!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Very beautiful card! Such a great sentiment!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, that is gorgeous!

Deepti said...

Wow! way to rock the sketch with those waves :) it is awesome !

karen @ carefree creations said...

Cool take on the sketch!

TaeEun said...

Beautiful CAS card! love the sentiment!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Great take on the sketch and wonderful sentiment!

cm said...

Your little sailboat, floating along the waves, makes me smile! A wonderful inspiration for the challenge!
hugs~c