Thursday, August 20, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #137

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #137 designed by N@ Ali:




Here's my card:


I started with some Studio Calico patterned paper as my background.
I stamped the raccoon from Mama Elephant's Three Amigos stamp set in versafine onyx black ink 
onto some watercolour paper and coloured him in with some Zig Clear Colour Brush markers.
I stamped the little cake (from Reverse Confetti's Later Alligator stamp set)
and coloured it in as well.
Then, I used my kraft knife and a ruler to cut the angles and trimmed out the raccoon by hand.


I blended some ocean tides ink onto another piece of the watercolour paper
and diecut it with the Simon Says Stamp word die.
I stamped the "birthday wishes" from PTI's KIS: Belated Birthday
in versamark and heat embossed it on true black cardstock.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, August 27th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Nathalie said...

Adorable!!! I love the colors you chose and that die cut word is so pretty!

Jen W. said...

I LOVE this, Leigh! An adorable take on the sketch and great colours!

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Leigh. I love that little raccoon.

Alanna said...

Super cute card Leigh. I love the angled panel and how you did that adorable little raccoon.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the amigos, this is so cute!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh I love your take and that sketch Leigh!
Thank You!!

Deepti said...

Awwww so cute! Love the back panel and colors :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stink in' cute and I love the colour palette!

I Card Everyone said...

So cute!!! Love that patterned paper, Leigh!
=]

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorable card Leigh!

Lisa Elton said...

He's a cute little fella and this card is darling!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute take on the sketch, Leigh! Love how you picked up the colors from the patterned paper.

~amy~ said...

super fun card, love that critter!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

That is so cool! Great design and adorable raccoon!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, this is so adorable! I love everything about this, Leigh! Fabulous colors and love that background paper, and the raccoon is so adorable. LOVE how you cut around him and love how you did the sentiment! Everything is just WOW!

Joni Andaya said...

Super Cute <3

cm said...

ACK! Absolutely darling in every way! The background paper is so eye-catching and perfect for the star of the show: the sweet cake-toting raccoon. Talk about smile-making!
~c

inkyfingy said...

Love how you have made the focal point part of the design line...very effective and something I hope to emulate sometime soon!

TaeEun said...

This is so cute, Leigh! love the little cake!