Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday

1. Last week, Austin asked me if I wanted to attend the Anime Convention
in Winnipeg on Saturday.
While I went to Comic Con last fall and had a great time,
anime isn't my thing.
But since it was important to Austin, I told him I could drive him & pick him up.
He asked a couple of friends to go with him, but that didn't work out, 
but he was confident that we would make some friends there.
I love his fearlessness!


So, we dropped him off in the morning & picked him up after supper.
He had a great time!
I could totally relate -- it reminded me of going to a crop or crafting event,
where I might not know anyone, but everyone has scrapbooking/stamping
in common, so you can visit with other people who "get it".


2. While he was at AI-Con, Jonah, Sage & I thought we'd spend the afternoon
at the waterslide park, but the weather wasn't cooperative,
so we went to check out the new Lego Store at Polo Park & to see Ant-Man
(which was really good!) 


So fun hanging out with my peeps!


3.  Austin started his new job as a dishwasher this past Sunday.
He worked a 4.5 hour shift and was so tired when he got home!
"There was so much work to do, Mom!"
Oh, I'm just loving this..... :)


4. And the rest of our week has been filled with swimming lessons
(it's Jonah's turn now), picking raspberries at my friend's house, 
running errands (thankfully there's usually someone willing to come along to 
keep me company), taekwondo twice a week, rewatching Doctor Who on Netflix 
& spending time with friends.


It's definitely a fun summer!


5. And, I've also had a little time to spend in my craft room and made

I decided to use one of my Life is Beautiful dies to create my stencil:

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I used some aqua mist and Memento Lilac ink as watercolours over my stencil.
I also added a bit of splatter with the wet paintbrush.

Five for Friday Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I stamped my sentiment from Graceful Greetings over top & 
added some rainstones as a finishing touch.

I'm also linking this up to this week's 

Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Betty said...

that pti butterfly is my favorite and your card turned out so pretty in those pastels. and love reading about your family (mine was the same - 2 boys and then a girl)-long ago days!

merryf said...

I haven't used those dies nearly enough and your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration, friend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your Friday posts, Leigh! You guys look like you're having such a great summer! Lots of laid back fun and casual days! Those are the best! LOVE your card! What a cool technique.... bold and graphic, yet soft and pretty, all at the same time!

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME photos and GORGEOUS card!!

victoria h said...

Beautiful card and fab photos.

lexi said...

so soft and pretty! i love the color blocking. thanks for playing!!

Ruth said...

Love your stories on a Friday. I love anime, so a convention like that would be awesome. Well done on him for going alone! Well done too on him for doing his dish washing job. Adore your card. Those colour are just so beautiful ovef that stencil. Xx

Kay Miller said...

Looks like you have had a fun week! I love to see all of your photos! Your card is just lovely!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

My day is complete, Leigh! Looks like a great week was had by all! Love your MIM card =]

Marcia Hill said...

A beautiful card Leigh...love how you did a half and half with the colors! And fun family pictures too...glad you're having a fun summer with the kids!! :0)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Leigh! I love the PTI butterfly themed for the hop!
It looks like your family is totally enjoying the summer :)

janmjax said...

What a beautiful card Leigh! I love those pretty colours.

Kara said...

looks like a great week! pretty butterfly!

Cheryl M said...

Beautiful, soft card. Sounds like your family had a lot of fun. We liked Ant Man, too.

Laurie Unger said...

Beautiful card. Looks like the whole family had lots of fun!

Joyce said...

Loving the family updates, Leigh. And, your card is gorgeous.

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Love your family little story, sounds like a lot of fun. I've never been to any convention (except cosplay I saw this spring when went to see cherry blossoms in Brooklyn Botanical Garden). Hope one day I make it to real comiccon (need to talk my hubby into first lol).
Love your card! So gentle!

Unknown said...

Love your photos!! Looks like fun!!:) Your card is so very pretty! I adore the soft colors!! Gorgeous:)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful butterfly card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

cm said...

"There's so much work to do, Mom"...too funny! A bit of 'insight' into the real world for that charming young man of yours - and I know that no matter how 'much' the work, he'll step up to the 'plate' to get it done! As always, your updates me smiling all over my face! You're busy in the best of ways, spending time with your precious family, enjoying what 'summer' has to offer! You already know my response to your gorgeous butterfly card...swooning!
~c