Saturday, July 12, 2014

Case Study Challenge #199

Hi there!
We have the day off from swimming lessons at the beach today,
so I have a little free time to spend in my craft area. :)

I decided to play along with this week's Case Study Challenge #199:


I love Shari's card! It's so cool!
I decided to case this look by using my Lil Inker's cover plate
and some Simple Stories patterned paper.
Here's my card:


I die cut the cover plate from the map patterned paper & twice from PTI's stamper's select white.
I popped all of the insides out of the one and adhered it over the second one that I left intact.
Then, I placed the patterned paper pieces in the spots I wanted and when I was done,
I popped out all of the extra white pieces. 
I adhered the die cuts over some aqua mist card stock and then over a piece of Heidi Swapp patterned paper.
For my sentiment, I used PTI's Wet Paint II, die cut the strip with my smaller tag from Reverse Confetti's Tag Me Confetti Cuts.
I added some Simple Stories brads & PTI button twine to finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

27 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic card! I love that blue background and the inlaid patterned paper and LOVE your new blog look!

merryf said...

Wow, this is awesome! Love the sense of movement with the pieces you put in/left out of the cover plate. What a great idea!

Cris G. said...

Wow! Brilliant interpretation of Shari's card.
Beautiful new look on your blog, too. Love the canvas and watercolor flowers on top.

Diane Jaquay said...

Fabulous, love your take on Shari's card!!

Diana K said...

Oh my goodness, Leigh! I love the map paper you used and the whole effect that you created with this cover plate. Totally fabulous.

Betty Wright said...

I love this! Great look with the cover plate and map! Of course, you rocked that wet paint sentiment, too!
Awesome card, Leigh!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the colors and I LOVE the map!! This is wonderful Leigh!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Umm......this totes ROCKS!!! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Super-cool, Leigh!! Love how the map pieces are flush with your frame, and the other spots are recessed. The banner on top is a great way to add the sentiment. A really gorgeous card!

Michelle said...

Oh, this is lovely, Leigh! Fabulous CASE!

Celeste Goff said...

I love, love, love this card! So very nicely done and I adore the papers you chose!

Kara said...

pretty card! love the new blog design!!

Tasnim said...

Beautiful card, and a very creative CASE!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the travel theme… and great to stamp the sentiment on patterned paper.

Nathalie said...

Oh my! A map, an airplane and an amazing design! Swoon!!!

~amy~ said...

sigh, I love this.
Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Petti said...

Congrats on winning the CASE challenge! Great card!

maria f. said...

Fabulous. Congrats on your win. What a genius idea to cut two frames to achieve that depth for the "water".

June K said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card, Leigh.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This sis one super cool card! Congrats on winning the CASE challenge!

Susi said...

Wow - fabulous card and brilliant idea! You definitely have my mind going with possibilities now ... LOL

Wida said...

This has to be my favorite card of yours of 2014 so far. Top to bottom magnificent

I Card Everyone said...

Absolute perfection! Leigh this is just amazing... love your style =] Michele

Marybeth said...

Wow ,such a brilliant idea,and it looks fabulous !

Karen said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!!

jan metcalf said...

Love this card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is amazing, and the technique is stunning, you should enter into Virginia's View Challenge for Diecuts....It is STUNNING!!!

Cograts on your WIN LEIGH!!!
So lovely and well deserved~!!!!