Sunday, September 01, 2013

Happy 2nd Anniversary, PWP!

I cannot believe that it's been two years since I started posting the Pages With Papertrey Challenges! I've really enjoyed posting these & am super appreciative to everyone who's participated in them!

This month's challenge is no cardstock. That's right, you can't use any cardstock on your layout.

For my layout, I combined this month's challenge with the Crate Paper August Creative Weekly...


I used an assortment of Crate Paper patterned paper for my layout, as well as quite a few Papertrey Ink dies.


I used my PTI Headline Alphabet dies to create my title.

For my button card, I'd found a Crate journaling card in my stash from the Random collection (the one on the top left hand corner of this sheet):


However, the navy blue on that card didn't match the navy blue polka dotted paper I was using, so I cut out the "button snaps" part and adhered it to another piece of Crate Paper patterned paper and rounded the corners. Then I die cut the pattern from the back with my PTI LL:squares pinked die. I diecut the plain square from the journaling card. I was pretty pleased with how this worked out. I used two PTI Notched Circle dies to create my flower-- using the fabric from the aprons. A PTI button and twine finishes it off.


For my journaling, I made a pocket tag using my PTI Tag Sale #7 die and some patterned paper. The Lovely Bias Trim card was from the Pretty Party Collection.


And here's my journaling, which I typed on my typewriter:


If you want to play along with this month's PWP challenge, please link up your layout either here in the comments or here on the PTI forum.

Thanks for looking!



10 comments:

Laurie said...

This is just adorable! She did a great job! Rylee just got some fun stuff in the mail this week! Tell Sage its here! :)

Renee said...

Fabulous!!
Love that you got these pics and memories...
and you used NAVY!! :)

TLady said...

SOOOO CUTE LEIGH!!!!!!! AND this will give you & Sage MANY HAPPY MEMORIES looking back!!!!!!!!;) SUPER JOB!!!!!;)

Deb said...

Wow, Leigh! I can't believe it has been two years! I think you know how thankful that I am you started this challenge. I love how you added fabric from the aprons to your layout. Right now I am working on my "no patterned paper" challenge. So fun that this one is opposite!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful page! Love how you used the journaling card! Such a great memory to capture!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

OH wow! This is super cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute page leigh!!

Donna said...

Love this page! I recall seeing the pic's you posted, & tho't they were the cutest ever. What a great idea, definitely worthy of a scrap page, & the layout is just perfect with the colors, the papers & the dies you chose!

Lindsey said...

Love! What a fun challenge, too.

Geri said...

Sweet, sweet page! Great idea making that journaling tag work for you! It added some nice dimension, too!!!;)