Thursday, August 22, 2013

2 cards, 2 challenges, 2 crafters

Sage & I each have a card to post today... I'll let her share first. :)


Sage has two penpals. One she just got this summer & the other she made last summer on our trip to Nanaimo. She's my twin brother's niece and Sage made her this card for the Simon Says Stamp Kids' Summer Vacation Challenge, where the optional theme is ice.



She used some Fresh Squeezed stamps to stamp her jug & glasses, which she paper-pieced with some American Crafts patterned paper. The sentiment is from a Think Big Favourites set.




My card is for the Clearly Besotted Challenge #3, where we were challenged to use the following colour combination:


Stephanie's instructions say that we could use some or all of the colours, so I opted for some. ;) I didn't use the purple at all and I traded the green for aqua mist.


I layered some Teresa Collins patterned paper over some soft stone cardstock. I stamped my feather onto vellum and heat embossed with two colours. I diecut another piece of vellum with my Get a Handle on It die and stamped my sentiment onto it. A button, twine and stitching finishes everything off.

Thanks for looking!






18 comments:

Alanna said...

What beautiful cards. Sage's is perfectly executed. And I love the papers you used and your heat embossed feather on your card. And your stitching is always perfect. Mine never looks that great.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are both so awesome! Love the cas design!

Kara said...

love Sage's paper piecing and your embossed feather!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I love them both, that Sage is so talented!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sage did a fabulous job paper piecing, is she excited about the weekend? Love your embossed feather too!

victoria h said...

wonderful cards- Sage is an expert already.

maria f. said...

Love that dipped feather and what gorgeous colors you chose!

Elizabeth said...

I think its awesome that Sage crafts with you, that's neat and something to share in!
e.

TLady said...

I THINK Sage's Pen Pal, which ever one gets her card will be VERY HAPPY!!!!!!:) It's SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!:)

AND LEIGH, your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALWAYS SO PERFECTLY DONE!!!!!!!:) LOOOOOOOVE those papers you've used!!!!!!!!:)

Nora Noll said...

How beautiful!! I LOVE the fun lemonade stamped card and I LOVE how you did the feather on the second card with a two toned effect. Both cards are stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards. Sage is an amazing crafter. TFS.

tonyamaries said...

I love Sages card! The ice cubes are so cute! The feather is very pretty with the two tones. Great job all around!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so Beautiful- wonderful design and colors! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards! I bet Sage's pen pal will love her card - it's SO CUTE!! Your feather card is so striking - love it!

Anonymous said...

Sage, the card looks so cute!
You just keep getting better and better!

Leigh, stunning as usual, especially the multicolour embossing

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards, I love the paper piecing on Sage's card :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Children's Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Sage, this is amazing! You're paper pieced lemonade looks so refreshing.. brilliant! :) Thanks for playing along in our annual "Children's Summer Vacation" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Stephanie said...

Stunning! There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful this card looks, thank you so much for joining in with the challenge, it's much appreciated! :) x