Monday, July 01, 2013

It's hard to get any work done....


We love this commercial...


It's too funny! After seeing this, when I would hug Jonah, I'd say: "It's hard to get any work done when my boss is so snuggly." And then I started calling him my boss, or my big boss. So, I decided to document it in a layout.


I found this super sweet photo of Jonah which I thought was perfect for the quote (he really is quite snuggly!) I paired it with some Simple Stories patterned paper & chipboard shapes. To make my title, I stamped the quote using my new PTI Antique Alphabet stamps (how lovely that the patterned paper had lines to keep it relatively straight!) I diecut my letters using PTI's Modern Uppercase Alphabet dies in true black card stock. To add a little texture, after I diecut the letters, I ran them through my Big Shot with my Woodgrain impression plate. I really like how they turned out! (though it is hard to see in the photo...)


I created a little heart embellishment for the bottom by diecutting a heart prints die and impressing it with the woodgrain IP. I stamped an arrow from Mama Elephant's On Target set and layered it underneath. The little cork chipboard heart is Simple Stories.


This layout is for the Pages With Papertrey Challenge #23, which is to include a quote on your layout. This can be from a movie or television, a book, poem or even something sweet that your child said. If you create a layout for the challenge, please post a link to it either here in the comments or here on the Papertrey Ink Forum.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

That's such an adorable title for a layout! Love this!

merryf said...

Wow, I *love* this one! The hexagons look terrific in a boy's layout.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

such a sweet layout, love all of the hexagons on here and the patterned paper used!

Linda Nicholson said...

Adorable layout Leigh! I have never seen this commercial...thanks for sharing it.

I think you may have convinced me to get the Antique Alphabet set. It really does seem to be a nice size for scrapbooking. Love all the bright colors in the hexagon paper with those pops of black!

Linda

Joyce said...

Wonderful layout. I knew you would get that Antique alphabet set! Perfect for scrapbooking.

Deb said...

I love the embossed letters! Great layout and fantastic challenge. Can't wait to play!

Kara said...

sweet layout!

Kathryn A said...

This is such a cute page!
I love that commercial, too ;)

Diana K said...

Missed this one, Leigh! I love it, super funny and such a great memory to scrapbook. Jonah has gorgeous green eyes.