Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Belated Birthday Wishes


When I woke up yesterday morning and checked my email, I noticed the date.

April 29th.

My older brother's birthday.

And then I realized that I hadn't made or sent him a card. :(

I got called into work for the day, but in the evening, after taekwondo,  I sat down to make him a card, using the sketch challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles & the April Creative Weekly Challenge at the Crate Paper blog, where the challenge was to create a project using a Colour Collage: One Color in varying tints & shades.



Here's my card. I dug through my Crate Paper patterned paper scraps and found several shades of orange to work with.


I stamped a belated birthday sentiment from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Birthday. The twist at Scrapping Everyday Miracles was to add washi tape: I covered a piece of cardstock with the orange and clear striped washi tape (MME) and diecut it with the Get A Handle on It banner die from PTI. The brads I added were MME (large chevron) and Teresa Collins (solid.)

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

merryf said...

This is gorgeous! And thanks for the link to where you are getting sketch ideas -- some days my creativity is bone dry and I haven't any idea where to start.

Kara said...

oh no!! good thing you have the perfect sentiment!;)

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card. Perfect masculine color with those papers you chose. Cute banners and awesome circular embellishment.
I love that belated sentiment.

blsd2scrp said...

love this card! excellent colors and details! thanks for joining us over at SEM!

Unknown said...

love the colors on this card...FUN
Thanks for playing with us at SEM

tonyamaries said...

I love the color combo and patterns! Great job!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful birthday card and great take on the SEM sketch!! Love these colors for a masculine card!! Thanks for joining the April Scrapping Everyday Miracles Sketch Challenge ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Luanne said...

This is so awesome! And I don't even like orange! Super color for a guy card, he'll love it!

Jen Adcock said...

Good save. Lovely masculine card. But what I love most about it is that it is cheery and bright but in a manly way. Clever you!

Cara G said...

This is just fabulous Leigh...your brother will LOVE it! Love the bright, fun colors and the sentiment stamp. So glad you linked up with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles for our Card Sketch challenge this month---you rocked it!!

Jessica said...

Great job making a masculine card, I love the colors and the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!