Sunday, July 08, 2012

What I made yesterday...

Well, I'd hoped to do some crafting yesterday... but the day didn't go quite as planned. We've decided to build a deck in the backyard, and to do so, we need to pull out the bushes that line one side of our yard. We started on Friday evening and then I finished it yesterday morning, with help from the kids.

While waiting for the kids to be ready to join me outside, though, I quickly made this card, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: stamping on patterned paper.



I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (vintage cream, berry sorbet), patterned paper, buttons, twine, stamps (lace bouquet, pretty peonies) and dies (limitless layers ovals 2 1/4").

Then, in the afternoon, when I'd hoped to scrapbook or make some more cards, Sage suggested that we make this instead:


We made a summer dress for her doll, because all she had was winter clothes. ;)

I had a dress pattern, which we basically used for some of the pattern pieces, but then changed the style (the pattern had trim, shot sleeves and a gathered skirt.)

Sage was sad that she didn't have shoes to wear, so we made her some coordinating sandals, using some old foam flip flops that I'd gotten from the salon when getting a pedicure. I was pretty pleased with these. :)


I hope you're enjoying your weekend. I'm still hoping to craft today, but Cameron said we'll probably start building the deck this afternoon.... so I guess we'll see.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Elena said...

I'm thoroughly impressed with the doll outfit and flip flops! Amazing job!

Joyce said...

Such a cute outfit. Definitely time well spent.

Sandy Kay said...

Stop it, Leigh - you're really making me want to get Lace Bouquet! That doll outfit is adorable! (as well as the cutie holding it!

merryf said...

You are so very clever! And what a genius idea to use the old pedi sandals for Sage's doll. You are such an inspiration for me!

Suzanne Russell said...

Lace bouquet is one I chose to skip-maybe not such a great idea...I love the way you used it in three different colors here. Looks great over the text, too!

Sage is such a lucky little girl! So glad you two enjoy crafting together. :)

Kara said...

what a fun thing to do with your daughter!!

Cassie_lu said...

Great card and the doll outfit is amazing.