Thursday, July 05, 2012

Two cards and a layout

I think the thing I find the most challenging about blogging is coming up with a title! Mine are pretty unoriginal, I know.... ;)


Today, I'm posting a couple of cards and a layout that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Stamping on Patterned Paper. The two cards each include a Verve stamped mat stack diecut that Luanne sent me. 



I used Teresa Collins (blue & yellow) and Crate (grey herringbone) patterned paper and Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, soft stone), buttons (harvest gold, aqua mist, soft stone), button twine (rustic white), stamps (happy trails) and dies (mat stack 1, love lives here). 



For this card, I used Lily Bee patterned paper, an SEI decorative brad and Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, soft stone, vellum), stamps (text style I) and dies (mat stack 4, lovely layers).


Here's a close-up of my stamping on the patterned paper, as well as the flower:
 

And, lastly, here's the layout I made. Once again, I made a collage in Picasa3 and had it printed out as an 8x12 photo.


I used American Crafts cardstock (12x12), Crate Paper patterned paper and Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white), stamps (harvest berries) and dies (script alphabet).


Thanks for looking! 

5 comments:

Leah said...

Love the cards and the LO is wonderful. I am really liking the photo collage you have been using. Love the Harvest Berries too...need to pull that set out:)

Kara said...

very pretty..looks like a fun day!

Tracy said...

i'll repeat myself LOL - love how you balanced out that large photo on the layout with the stamping at the top and continued the stamping at the bottom. and both cards are lovely - i'm particularly taken with the pink one - anything stitched gets my vote (i love my sewing machine too) and the color combo of the blue and yellow on the other card - so pretty :-)

Tara LeClaire said...

Love this layout! Great use of all those photo's!

Joyce said...

Beautiful cards, and love the harvest berries in multiple colors on your layout. Thanks for linking up with my Paper Dolls challenge.