Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pages with Papertrey Sketch #11

For this month's Pages with Papertrey sketch challenge, I chose this sketch from the My Mind's Eye blog:



Last month, I took a two photo sketch and used it to make a one photo layout, but this month, I used this one photo sketch to make a two photo layout. Here it is:



I used American Crafts cardstock (12x12 white), My Mind's Eye patterned paper and decorative brads, a Crate Paper fabric brad and a Studio Calico badge. I also used Papertrey Ink cardstock (harvest gold), stamps (rosie posie, simply you, turning a new leaf) and dies (Beautiful Blooms II #2, tag sale #5, script alphabet).

Here's a close up of this gorgeous fabric brad. I stamped some rosie posie blooms on the harvest gold cardstock before diecutting it:



There was a tiny smudge on the SC badge, so I selectively inked a Simply You stamp and trimmed it out to cover it up. I'm not a fan of smudges. ;)



And a close up of my journaling:



If you create a layout using this sketch, please add a link below in the comments or here on the Papertrey Ink forum, so I can check it out!

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Deb said...

Fabulous sketch, Leigh! I love how you make sketches fit your photos! And that brad is super yummy! Love it!

Jill Norwood said...

I always enjoy visits to your blog Leigh! Gorgeous layouts and I love the outfits you made for your daughters doll! The sandals are so adorable too!

craftmates said...

Another fabulous sketch again Leigh. Love the layout too. Such sweet photos and colours. I think I may need to get more brads. Btw, check out out blog as Craftmates nominated you for a versatile blogger award. Just a simple recognition of how much we enjoy visiting your blog! -- Irma

Robin said...

WoW! So many wonderful little details combined to make a genuine work of art. Fantastic!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome layout. Love that fabric brad.

Sherri said...

Of course your take is just perfect! Love that fabric brad too. I hoard them :)

glorygirl said...

This is so simple, yet so pretty. Love it!

mn36 said...

so pretty! love MME, your sketch and love reading your journalling.