Tuesday, July 31, 2012

MIM #76: attempt #1

I was intrigued by this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Double Time Bleach Stamping. I'd heard of stamping with bleach before but had never tried it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I thought my new The Sweet Life set would work well for this technique. Here's my first card that I made:


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, sweet blush), stamps (the sweet life, Think Big Favourites #7) and dies (pinking border). I stamped first with the bleach, then with hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz. I did the same technique for the leaves, as well, with spring moss ink.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Kara said...

This set worked beautifully!

craftmates said...

Beautiful card Leigh! This set was great with this technique. The pinking border was also a nice touch! - Irma

Leah said...

So pretty Leigh! I'd love to come craft with you too, we'd have so much fun!

Luanne said...

Love this! Very pretty!

StephH said...

Just Beautiful Leigh! These images work especially well with the MIM bleach technique. I cannot wait to order this set...just waiting for the dies come back into stock.

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Beautiful Leigh!

Kathy Mc said...

Leigh, you really rocked this technique with your card. Such a pretty card and would work for so many occasions. Off to watch Nichole's video and check out the other cards!

Jennifer T. said...

Wow! That's beautiful! I think I'm going to have to break down and buy that set now.

Helen F. said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh. I love the color combo and this stamp set is perfect for bleaching :)

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful use of bleech. The colors and layout on the card is so soft and pretty.

nancy said...

The bleach technique gives a lovely halo effect around the flowers. This is a pretty card.

Suzanne Russell said...

So pretty, Leigh. I agree that this set is a great choice for the technique. Beautifully done. :)

Colleen said...

Wow, I would not have thought of using that set for this technique, but well done, it is beautiful!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Ao pretty Leigh! Great combo of stamps and technique and so well done!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so lovely! Perfection!