Monday, July 23, 2012

A few more projects...


I got two more cards completed last night, for the the Homemade Embellishments Challenge at Stamp-a-Faire. This first one was for Dawn's layered butterfly technique:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (raspberry fizz), stamps (think big favourites), button, twine & dies (beautiful butterflies, half & half, love lives here.) For the largest butterfly, I cut it out by hand. The patterned paper is Echo Park.

For this next card, I used Danielle's "make your own washi tape" technique:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (aqua mist), patterned paper (aqua mist), stamps (think big favourites), buttons & twine. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.

Then, last night, I was thinking of a way I could use all of the badges. Originally, I'd thought it would be fun to use them on layouts, but they coordinate so well together, I decided to make a mini-book with them, on the theme of what I love about summer. I used PTI cardstock (aqua mist, rustic white), patterned paper (aqua mist) & dies (modern alphabet, heart prints, fabulous frames).


For the cover, I used Erin's ribbon technique & Danielle's "make your own washi tape" technique.


For the book, my plan is to print and add photos on the left-hand side of each of the pages that will correspond with what's on the right hand side.



For this page, I used Heather's make your own stitched embellishments technique, with vintage cream felt and a little house I cut from some Pink Paislee patterned paper.







Again, I used Heather's make your own stitched embellishments technique, with aqua mist felt and a stamp from Tremendous Treats birthday.



Again, I used Heather's make your own stitched embellishments technique, with aqua mist felt and a stamp from Road Trip.



And, once more, I used Heather's make your own stitched embellishments technique, with simply chartreuse felt and seeing stars die cut from aqua mist patterned paper.


What a great way to house all of these sweet little badges!


Thanks again to Nichole & the DT for putting on such a fabulous event!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Theresa Tyree said...

So cute, Leigh! How do you find time to do so much! Awesome!

Marilyn in Michigan said...

Your mini-book is so clever...I love how you used your badges and made new ones to coordinate.

Unknown said...

Such fabulous projects!! I especially love the cover of your mini book! It looks awesome!!!!

natashakara said...

Wow! this is such a great book. I love it. You are super creative! I am always so afraid of scrapbooking and mini books, but you've made me want to give it a try :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

What a wonderful album! I really like all the journaling you added to it.

Jessie said...

Leigh what a really cool idea!! I was trying to figure out what to do with my badges, I my have to do something similar! Thanks for sharing!!

June K said...

Beautiful album, Leigh.

StephH said...

What a clever way of using those badges! Mine are sitting on my desk right now, and I was thinking about what to do with them just today. Your cute book is very inspiring Leigh!

Unknown said...

What a fun album and perfect way to use your badges.

craftmates said...

Fabulous projects Leigh! I especially love love love the mini book! - Irma

Shelly said...

I absolutely love all your cards! The mini album is precious...badges are soo cute and go great with your handwritten messages! TFS!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Love the mini album, Leigh! You have such great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Danielle Flanders said...

Can't believe how much you got done, Leigh! These are all beautiful! Love the tapes!

tonyamaries said...

I love everything you created! Way to go!

Jennifer K said...

Leigh, that mini album is awesome! What a cool idea to incorporate the patches like that. Well done!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

I absolutely love your mini album. It is so cute and a great way to display your badges. Great idea. I might have to follow suit.