Sunday, July 22, 2012

A few more badges earned



I wanted to share a few more projects that I completed to earn my badges this weekend...


The first project I want to share took me a long time to make yesterday. It was for the mini-book challenge
and I really need to remember the next time I tackle a mini-book that it takes me a long time to make them.



It was originally going to have more pages, but I ended up shortening it. I used Ashley's envelope mini-book tutorial, but made it with cardstock pages instead of envelopes. How I adhered it together was the same though...

I used PTI cardstock (rustic white), stamps (the sweet life, shutterbug special, fabulous frames, strawberry sentiments simply you, lovely layers), twine, button and dies (fabulous frames, the sweet life, modern alphabet, modern numbers). The patterned paper is mostly Crate Paper, found in my scraps.

Here's the cover:




I stamped these flowers using PTI ink: canyon clay, stamped off, then harvest gold and then canyon clay, full strength.





For these roses, I used PTI ink: ocean tides, stamped off, then aqua mist and then ocean tides , full strength. The leaves were stamped with spring moss ink. For the top one, I stamped off first, but for the bottom, I stamped full strength both times.... and was quite pleased with the results!






I told Austin that on his page, I put the saying "You and I just click." He looked puzzled. "What do you mean, click?" he asked. "Like a mouse?" Ah, yes, the computer generation! LOL!




For the flowers on Jonah's page, I used PTI ink: aqua mist, stamped off, then aqua mist full strength and then Hawaiian Shores. I love my new Modern Alphabet dies--- you'll be seeing them a lot on my future projects!



For Sage's roses, I used PTI ink: sweet blush, hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz.




And for my final page... look how wonderfully the middle size bloom from lovely layers fits in the fabulous frames frame!




This afternoon, after lunch, I watched Nichole's video for the Tie-Dye Techniques. Since I don't have any copics or shaving cream, I went with the Dye Ink technique and made this card:


I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist, simply chartreuse), buttons, twine, and half & half stamps and dies.



We were invited to Cameron's uncle's 80th birthday, so I made the above card in mind for him, but I also thought using Shutterbug Special could be cool (who knows... maybe he used to have a camera like that!), so I used Ashley's homemade stitched embellishment ideas for the Homemade Embellishments challenge and stitched on my tag that I made with using the end half of the Tag Sale #5 die.


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, hawaiian shores), stamps (shutterbug special, tremendous treats birthday) and dies (shutterbug special). The patterned paper is Echo Park (text) and Pink Paislee (suns).


I added the little pull out diecut with a little surprise on it...



I let Cameron choose which card to give. He liked the camera, but was worried they wouldn't see the small print to pull out the "photo", so we gave them the tie-dye card instead.

Well, I'm off to make some friendship bracelets with Sage...

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Oh wow, Leigh! You put my projects to shame! haha Love Love Love your mini! The stamped flowers are perfect. I really like the polaroid die flipped to its side - cute! Everything turned out great. I really like the layered camera on the stitched embellishment! The colors on that card are amazing. And your tie-dye card looks great embossed on the stripes!! I'm so inspired here today! WOW! Big Hugs!

Maureen said...

these are all just amazing and lovely! LOVE the frames in your book! Oh, I can't wait to get mine! Thanks for inspiring :)

Elena said...

Love it all! You managed to create projects that not only used the tutorials, but went beyond them - so inspiring, Leigh!

Luanne said...

These are all so great Leigh! I hope you had a fun time making your mini-book, even though it took a while! It's super fabulous!

tonyamaries said...

Excellent job on all of these! The cover of your book is fabulous with that die and sentiment on its side. Very clever!

Danielle Flanders said...

Beautiful projects, Leigh!!

Sanketi said...

Stunning ...all of them !!!!!

Karen said...

I love everything about these projects, but especially the mini-book! My Shutterbug Special stamps should be on their way soon, and I'm pinning this project! I didn't have much time to play this weekend, but I have loved looking at your projects.

Kara said...

Love your beautiful mini book!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful stuff here, Leigh! I love your mini book. Love the many ways you used the new frames. They are very, very high on my wish list.

CindyC said...

wow...your roses look great! Can't wait to get them!

pamela said...

Really like the book of photos :) Almost made me cry to see how close you are to your kids ^_^ I'm definitely going to make one of these in the near future, hopefully, finished and ready for photos to be inserted before I get my first kid ♥

The Paper Parade said...

Leigh, your mini album is to die for!!! I can't believe I didn't order last month...what was I thinking?! You totally make me want to order (and did I tell you that you are the reason I ordered the flip flops a month late, too? you are such an enabler!) It really looks like you had an awesome day, you are so creative!

Tammie Koehnen said...

Leigh, LOVE all of your projects for SAF. They are all lovely!!! I can't wait to make a mini book. I love your mini you made of your three children! Love the new PTI products this month! I got my order yesterday and can't wait to try the sweet life (roses)stamp set! Its so beautiful.I just might have to order the shutterbug stamp set after all! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

OK, I finally had more time to look through your blog ... holy cow, you were so productive at SAF!!! Love everything. The mini album with the polaroid frames, the tie dye card (stunning!), and the birthday/camera card is so stinkin' cute with the birthday cake on the tab! And how sweet that you got to make the friendship beads with your daughter. So super fun. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations!