Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thank you, teacher treats


Tomnorrow is the last day of school! Yay!

Between the three of them, my kids have 10 teachers. I like to do something for each of them, to say thank you for teaching my kids, but with that many teachers, it can add up. So, this year, the classroom teachers will get something different (a set of thank you baby cards for Austin's teacher and some hand soaps from Bath & Body Works for Jonah and Sage's teachers), while the support teachers (science, music, phys. ed. and health) will get these.

I made four batches of Butter Crunch and gave each teacher half, in a bag, decorated with a tag and some ribbon. For all of the tags, I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, aqua mist), stamps (happy trails), buttons, twine and dies (tag sale #3, chevron stripes, Framed Out #3). The patterned paper is Crate Paper, Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye and the ribbon is Offray.

For these first two, I used some strips of patterned paper that were on my table, leftover from a scrapbook I helped my friend, Darlene, make.


For these next two tags, I cut out my tags and adhered the chevron stripes dies. Then I ran it through my Big Shot again with the Tag Sale #3 die, so I'd get the embossed effect around the whole tag.


These next three tags use this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Step It Up: Embellishments. I diecut my frame with the Framed Out die and stamped my sentiment on some tracing paper, and adhered it to the back. I like that you can still see the chevron striped diecut patterned paper through it. Then I added some buttons and twine.


This last tag is for Mme. Routhier, who taught Jonah & Sage kindergarten, and who had also taught all three of my kids Leapfrog in the past. She is one of my favourite teachers, so I always try to remember her, even if she's not currently teaching my kids. For her tag, I used a stamp from Tiny Tags for the sentiment. (The bicycle stamp is Hero Arts.) The banner on this tag was made with the leftovers from the Chevron Stripes dies.


So, this afternoon, I'll go to Austin's school near the end of the day to help deliver some of these to his teachers and tomorrow, we'll hand the rest out at Sage's and Jonah's school.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Elena said...

Wow, Leigh! These are all so fantastic! I'm sure the teachers will love them!

Luanne said...

Leigh, this are wonderful! Love the colors, and how excited the teachers will be to receive these gifts! Enjoy the smiles and thank yous you'll get! :-)

craftmates said...

Great teacher gifts Leigh! I'm sure they will love it. I should try your recipe sometime :) - Irma

Unknown said...

love these tags with the banners and chevrons!!! fabulous!

Susan said...

Leigh - your tags and gifts are wonderful! I love how you make use of every scrap - even the leftovers from the chevron stripes - they make great banners! Just love them all!

Unknown said...

So fun! I love all of your tas but the little bicycle is my favorite! What sweet treat for the teachers!

Kara said...

Adorable treats!!

Nancy Penir said...

Just delightful. Who wouldn't love these treats? Your tags are perfect.

Unknown said...

You always do the best little gift bags. I'm sure they will love them.

Anita Rex said...

Yummy! They look so good and I love those tags! :>

Suzanne Russell said...

I know your teachers will truly appreciate your kindness and be terribly impressed with all of the handmade goodness shown here. Love these happy "stepped up" tags.

Tracy said...

these are great - love that sentiment - the thank you teacher - looks just perfect. and isn't that tag just the best? one of my favorite purchases! but you are an enabler - now i'm thinking i will have to have that chevron die afterall LOL!