Thursday, January 05, 2012

Finally...

Last fall, after reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, I decided to make a Gratitude Journal in which I would record the things for which I was thankful. I got as far as making the title page and first entrey, which you can see here, and that's as far as I got.

I think part of what I struggled with was that I had made it with a fall theme, but I knew that this would be something I wanted to work on year round.

So, using some of my Generations line by Simple Stories, I decided to start over. Here's what I made...

For the title page, I decided to layer, but not too much, as I didn't want it to interfere with my journaling.


I used Papertre Ink cardstock (rustic white for the journaling pages, as well as kraft, rustic cream, fine linen, scarlet jewel and dark chocolate), stamps (gratitude journal, delightful doilies (on the journaling pages), happy day) and dies (mat stack #5, doily details, happy day, jounaling tabs). The patterned paper is Simple Stories and the brad is Basic Grey.

Here's a close up:


I decided to make a little bookmark to mark my place, using a Simple Stories journaling tag and a Mega Mat Stack die. The border is stamped with Love & Marriage stamp set.


Here's my first page, which I stamped and added some Simple Stories stickers (to hide my "oops!")


And some stamping on my second page. The rest of the pages are yet unstamped. I figure I can add to them later if I want.


I also included some sections with the names of my husband and children, so if I wrote something down that included them, I could repeat it in their section.














And that's it. Now that it's done, I'm hoping to write in it daily.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

This is so pretty. What a great thing to do.

Joyce said...

This journal is beautiful. What a great project.

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely journal. You chose some great pattern papers. I love how you added a section for each member of your family.

Deb said...

This is so pretty! I have been meaning to make a gratitude journal. I just haven't purchased the stamp set yet. Great job!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What a stunning family and beautiful journal!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is just beautiful Leigh! What a wonderful family keepsake it will become!