Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nine things....

I wanted to share a layout that I made this week. It's titled "Nine things that I love about Jonah" and it features a photo of Jonah that I took on his ninth birthday a couple of weeks ago. I used the My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #26 to make it.


I used Bazzill (dark grey) & Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white), My Mind's Eye patterned paper and decorative brad, and Papertrey Ink die (Half & Half) and stamps (Wonderful Words). The alphabet stickers are Sassafras.

I had to get a little creative with making the title. The words "i love" were in the Wonderful Words stamp set as is, but everything else was selectively stamped using different words.... "nine" came from "everything", as did "things" (I added the "s" from "yours"), and "that" was from "thanks."

Here's my list that I put on the layout, in case you're interested:

1. His smile.
2. His sweet nature.
3. His amazing memory.
4. His ability to make me laugh.
5. How quick he is to obey.
6. How he gives me hugs to cheer me up.
7. His desire to share things/experiences with me.
8. How capable and independent he’s becoming.
9. The fact that he’s mine.


I was really inspired by Dawn McVey's post on her blog explaining how to make your own corrugated diecut embellishments. I don't own a crimper, but I remembered that my friend, Darlene, had bought one at one of the SU! parties I'd hosted several years ago, so I asked if I could borrow hers. I used it to make a corrugated heart:


Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

Joyce said...

What a great scrapbook page--your son sounds like a real sweetie. I'll bet your kids just love to look through their scrapbooks and remember all the good times they've had.

Lisa said...

Leigh this layout is awesome! I am LOVING grey and yellow together right now!!!

Unknown said...

Your layout is great and one you will love to look back on! I love your embellies! So cute...I need to try that:)

Keva said...

Wow..what an awesome layout. I love the colors and the concept,too.

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous layout..love your being creative with those words!
Your son looks so sweet and reading what you love about him
tells me he is a very sweet kind person.

Elizabeth said...

Love the pop of yellow, just the right touch!
e.