Saturday, May 07, 2011

Some Mother's Day stuff...

I wanted to share what I made for Mother's Day this year.

Last week, when we were in the city, Sage and I saw some "fairy houses" at the scrapbooking store and thought they be fun to make. Of course, then I forgot about them when I got home.

However, then I saw this on Nichole Heady's blog this week and decided that these would be perfect to make for the "moms" in our lives: my mom, Cam's mom, Dale's mom and Sally. So, Sage and I printed out the template and tried our hands at making some.

Here's the one we made for Sally:


The "fairy houses" had punched circles of patterned paper covering the roof, so we did that for three of them. And instead of filling them with birdseed, we decided to fill them with Hershey's kisses instead. Supplies: PTI cardstock and sentiment stamp, SU! bird stamp, MME & OA patterned paper.



For my mom, we went with a Pink Paislee patterned paper roof instead:




For my mom's gift, I have also been making her some greeting cards to give away. I had eight ready this afternoon and then decided to make two more:


I used PTI cardstock, woodgrain impression plate, label stamp and sentiment stamp and a SU! flower stamp and ink.


This card was a fourth attempt at the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge: Impression Plate Tricks #2. I used PTI cardstock, woodgrain impression plate, Turning a New Leaf die and stamps, Mat Stack #4 label stamp and sentiment.

I put the ten cards (along with ten envelopes) in a PTI stamp package and changed up the stamp title:


And this is what I'll give my mom tomorrow:


I hope she likes it!
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Love all your cards and the birdhouses are so cute! Chocolate kisses are so yummy! Wish I had a stash of cards ready for a gift for my Mom - what a great idea for gifts!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your cards are beautiful, Leigh. And so are the birdhouses. They are really cute.