Sunday, February 06, 2011

Thought I'd share some layouts...

... that I made at this weekend's online crop at MSS.

Even though I had quite a bit of time to scrapbook this weekend, I still only managed to eek out 3 layouts. I spent quite a bit of time on each one (& I also spent time going through, deleting and burning to CD all of my photos since last summer.)

Here's what I made:

A two page layout, inspired by a Kelly Purkey layout. I rarely do 2 page layouts, but I thought I could make this one work for our tae kwon do tournament photos from Yorkton.




I used my new Tim Holtz die to cut out the journaling tag.




I also use my Fiskars stamp press to stamp the numbers on the background.



I made this layout for Marcy's inspiration challenge:




I used my Fiskars stamp press to stamp the little sun on some pp with Versamark and heat embossed it. I then cut it out and added the brad. The tag beside it was cut with my Tim Holtz die.




This last layout was for Flo's challenge to "tell your story," and share the story of how we met our spouse.




I decided, because the journaling was long, to hide it behind the photos. The photo turns hold it closed, but when it's open, it reveals the journaling.


I used my new alphabet dies & again used my stamp press to stamp a couple of Crate Paper flowers on the page. Can I just say how much I LOVE this stamp press? It is so fabulous! I stamp way more often now, because of it and have a lot more confidence with stamping. (In the past, I would shy away from stamping for fear of wrecking my layout.)

Something else to share about this layout....

When Jonah saw it this morning on the piano, he asked me: "Is that what Dad did sixteen years ago--- did he lift up his shirt like I did in the bottom picture?"

Uhh, thankfully, no!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Great pages, Leigh! I think getting 3 layouts done, and a 2-pager at that, at one crop is really good. I'm so darn slow, myself. Love your pages, as always. The 2 page tae kwon do layout is fabulous. You do 2 pagers well, my friend. Love all the stamped detailing throughout and love the photos. Super sweet stuff.