Monday, February 28, 2011

Banners

I've really been enjoying adding banners to some of my layouts lately, as you can see here & here. I've been using the True Blue MME patterned paper that has banners all over it and cutting them out, adding them to my layouts and stitching them on. A very fun look.

So, it seemed appropriate to also use them from the MME Tickled Pink line on Sage's 6th birthday layout:



At her party in September, we'd made some fairy necklaces and headbands using some fabric cut into flowers (along with beads, string and cut up coloured straws.) I'd kept some leftover flowers and wanted to add them to the layout.



I put several on a diecut label and added a button on top. Then I took a little more fabric and cut several smaller flowers to add in a cluster.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Leigh I have seen people using banners, but not as many as you have on this and made it look wonderful! I often find it hard to use banners, although I have and love them. I think they really add something to the page! What a fun birthday! I remember when A was 6.. Time sure does fly SO fast! Enjoy each minute! :)
Thinking and praying for you today! Also hoping that your weather turn nice too! I sure hope ours does as well. But right now looking out my window it is snowing hard and nasty outside!! LOL. oh well, spring will be here before we know it!
e.