Wednesday, December 01, 2010

It's December 1st...

... which means a few things....

#1. My wrap up for my November Attitude of Gratitude:

Monday, November 29th: winning stuff

On Monday, I won a My Mind's Eye prize pack from Studio Calico! :) Free goodies are always a good thing!

Tuesday, November 30th: being on the My Scrap Shoppe design team

I can't believe it was 5 years ago when Marcy sent me an email telling me that I'd been chosen to be a member of the MSS Design Team! I started in December 2005 and have loved every minute of it. Marcy carries such great product and puts together such wonderful kits that it's so easy to promote them for her. Add to that the terrific friends I've made through her store-- well, let's just say, it's all good.

Which brings me to...

#2. Three of the layouts I made with the MSS December kit, which had lots of Studio Calico goodies in it:


Using some wood frames, pp & stickers from Studio Calico-- very cool!


On this layout, I tucked the journaling behind my top photo.




And a layout about our dog walking experiences for the HS this summer.

#3. December first means the beginning of my December Daily photos. The kids were asking about the advent calendar on Sunday already (the beginning of advent.)

This year, I decided that I wanted the focus of our advent calendar to shift from getting (little treats, special things we do for us as a family, etc.) to giving (things we can do/share to spread our light this Christmas).

To be honest, this was met with mixed reactions. Austin was actually quite for it & Jonah didn't say much. But Sage seemed quite upset about it. Which saddens me a bit, but I'm determine to stay the course. (Of course, some days will still have treats or be focused on our family events, too, so it should be fine.)

That said, here's my December Daily photo and post for today:



Dec. 1st: A busy day with piano lessons before school & working all day. After school, I found the advent calendar & printed up today's "task". We delivered the meal to a very grateful new mom. The kids loved seeing the baby! It made me think of how Jesus came as a baby so small & helpless.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Julie Overby said...

Fabulous layouts! Love your idea for the advent calendar. Yikes! We haven't even got ours out yet. So behind...