Monday, April 05, 2010

A good end....

...to a great week!

I ♥ Spring Break. I always have, but this year, with going back to work, I actually get a holiday, too, which was nice. Before it started, I had big cleaning plans for the house, but then once it arrived, I thought, what's the fun in that?

So, we spent our days hanging out, going for bike rides, practising "our" poems and piano for festival (which is coming up in a couple of weeks! Eek!) We went to a matinee in Winkler on Wednesday, had some family easter gatherings, a couple of playdates and I even got some scrapbooking done, too.

Today, however, I was ambitious and the kids worked with me to clean their rooms and go through their clothes-- putting away winter stuff, taking out spring/summer stuff, trying it on, seeing what fits, etc. I even got my closet done, too. ;)

I bagged up over five bags worth of stuff we no longer need and took it to the Thrift store in town. What a great feeling!

And then, I felt a little ambitious at suppertime, so I made this meal for my family: steak, stuffed potatoes and sunshine salad (my absolute favourite!)



Sunshine salad recipe:

Lettuce, sliced strawberries and toasted (or caramelized) almonds

Dressing:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Mix together and pour over dressing just before serving.
(Warning, it doesn't taste great as leftovers (too soggy!) so I just pour the dressing on my plate if I'm not making it for a large group.)

And tomorrow, it's back to school for all of us. Sigh.

;)

Thanks for looking!

No comments: