Friday, June 12, 2009

Playing hooky

Austin's class went to a GoldEyes game yesterday in Wpg. Because he didn't want to go (he thought it would be boring), I decided to take my kids along with my MIL to Morning Sound Farm to enjoy the petting zoo and activities they had there.

I had more photos to upload, but Blogger isn't cooperating, so I'll share just a few of them.

The farm is actually owned and run by Chuck Lawrenson, who was in my youth group when I was a teenager! I didn't know this until the day before we went. Small world!

My kids really enjoyed all of the activities: touring the farm, petting the animals, the hay ride, the pony rides. When we were on the hay ride, our driver, Mr. Kim, told us that once the ride was done the kids would get pony rides and could go up in the hay loft of the barn and pet the puppies and hold the bunnies that were up there. Jonah leaned over to me and said: "This is the best day of my life!" :)

Jonah also took a real shine to this pony colt, Storm:



Here are some pictures from the pony rides:





A couple of group shots on the fence:




Some individual pictures of my kids:



And lastly, here are a couple of pictures of our cows that I took after dropping my mother-in-law off at home.


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Ohhh, what a great time they had! Those will be fun pix to scrap. I love hat rides and it's been so long since I've been on one. :)

Andrea Amu said...

Ummm, I meant to type, "Hay" rides... not, "Hat" rides, lol!

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the photos! It reminds me of home.

Laina said...

Looks like some great pics for scrappin! Looks like it was a great day!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

What a beautiful farm! I'd say that sounds like a great way to play hooky! I'm sure we'll be seeing some gorgeous layouts with these photos soon. :)

Julie Overby said...

Fun photos, Leigh!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

It looks like you all had a great time at the farm! I just adore those photos of the kiddos on the fence!!!