Monday, December 08, 2008

CMK DT Call application

A Design Team Call was posted last week at Create My Keepsake. The application process is pretty cool, I think. The interested applicants are to put together a kit and create 2-3 (or more!) projects and then post the kit and our completed projects on our blog.

So here it is.

This is the kit I created:



3 cardstock: blue, green & white Bazzill
6 patterned papers: 4 Basic Grey (Urban Prairie), 1 Jenni Bowlin and 1 Creative Imaginations
1 alpha: Doodlebug glitter stickers
1 rub-ons: Jenni Bowlin
bling/brads/buttons: I chose pink, green, blue and white buttons from Autumn Leaves and Basic Grey
chipboard/rubber charms/flowers: 2 green embroidered flowers (not sure of the manufacturer.)
stickers/ die-cut shapes/ journaling cards: Creative Imaginations stickers and October Afternoon journaling cards
ribbon/trim: Bazzill pom-pom ribbon in Parakeet
I also added some white glitter and some blue & green fabric to my kit.

And here's what I created with it:

Three layouts:

The Places We Go:







I made a pocket behind the title and cut out the pattern of the Basic Grey pp and attached it to a journaling card. When the journaling is tucked in, it blends in perfectly with the background pp.





You Shine:










My Style:




And three cards:

You are just so tweet:



Hi!:



Happy Birthday:



I've never used glitter on a scrapbook page before and thought that I would challenge myself to try something new with my kit. Also, adding fabric was something I don't normally do, but had lots of fun working with, trying to come up with new ideas for it (flowers, trim, etc.)

Thanks for looking (& wish me luck!)

41 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

LOVE your kit and all your creations! Good luck :)

Lucy Edson said...

Love your kit, Leigh! Good luck - your layouts are wonderful!

Julie Overby said...

Your is awesome!! Everything you made withit is so fantastic! WTG!! I think you would be a great DT member for CMK. Good luck!

danni reid. said...

oh Leigh, i ♥ it ALL, every last detail my sweet friend!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

OMG Leigh!!! I am just loving this girl!!! I think you would be an addition awesome to the CMK DT!!
Good luck girl!!!

Nicole said...

I LOVE what you created! Your KIT and LO's are just wonderful! GL!

Amy W. said...

BEST of luck girl, you did a great job!!! :)

Staci Taylor said...

Leigh! I LOVE it!! The kit is gorgeous and so are your creations!! And go you for being first, lol! Good luck, my friend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I do! I wish you a tremendous amount of luck! I think you would be perfect for the team. Your projects and the kit you put together are fabulous.

roree said...

Gorgeous kit and creations! I will be rooting for you. ;) Good luck!

janet said...

Great kit...good luck in the contest!

Tammi said...

Love what you did with your kit! Your layouts are awesome!! Good luck to you...I will keep my fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

Quelle rapidité !
C'est fantastique tout ça, bonne chance, j'y crois pour toi !

Danielle Flanders said...

Leigh, you created a beautiful kit, I love it and everything you did with it! Good luck!!!

Sherry said...

Oh Leigh, everything is absolutely gorgeous. I think you have it in the bag already!!

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on your designs. Great kit!
SusanR

Pearl said...

All the very best to you Leigh for this call ! Sage is soo adorable at 4 ! fab layout !

ellen s. said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo, i would def buy that kit! looove those flowers :)& you are speedy!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Oh...very nice! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work Leigh - I would so buy a Kit off you that's for sure. And you always inspire me with your stuff. Good luck girl"!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job Leigh! No doubt I would love it! Cheering you on! Good Luck (even though I don't think you need it ;) ) Laina

Heather M. said...

Oh my gosh Leigh, your projects are absolutely stunning - every single detail! Your style is just blowing me away, Leigh!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Anne Krashel said...

This looks great Leigh!!
Good luck with the contest.

Liz Goldhawk said...

wow! Love your kit, and your layouts and cards are beautiful! Good Luck! That is a cool way to apply for a DT...

deryqueen said...

I love everything about what you did with your kit Leigh. You are just so inspiring, please dont ever stop scrapping. I am not sure what I would do without your inspiring pages. So thankful for our online friendship :)

Nayheli said...

I love your works, i just found your blog, is beautiful.

Saludos desde México.

Anonymous said...

Those links didn't work for me...??
But anyhow, great creations!!!
Hope they pick you!! :)

Andrea Amu said...

Good luck! Your kit and entry are all so wonderful! I love your clean style!

Best of luck on the submission... I so wish I could do this call but I don't think it will happen this time around :(

Unknown said...

Fabulous entry Leigh, best of luck to you!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome creations girl and I love your kit!

Elizabeth said...

I love your kit and your creations! Good luck!

Jenny said...

Awesome work! Good Luck!

Shanna said...

Oh good luck girl! Your kit and layouts are delicious! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Leigh - this is all so very beautiful(as always)!!!! You are my number one pick for the DT! I wish you the best of luck, you deserve it more than anyone!!!

Charity Hassel said...

really great entry girly!

Susan Coish said...

Awesome job with this Leigh! Good luck in the call!

Sue said...

gorgeous entries and I love your kit ;)

Cindy S. said...

Very pretty kit, Leigh :)
Good luck!

TheShermanFam said...

Your kit AND LOs AND cards are all GORGEOUS!!! Always love how clean your work is and your computer journaling!
Best of luck to you!!

Jenn aka boysmama said...

wowsa! LOVE your work...so awesome. (and I looked at it a long time ago so hope I'm not duplicating my comment!!lol). I love that you stuck to EXACTLY those listed items...that makes me feel better since I did too!! tee hee GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

I really like what you put in your kit. And love your creations! Best of luck.