Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas baking, etc.

Yesterday, we decided to start our Christmas baking for the season. So, I grabbed my lovely assistant and we got to work.

Tiny Mini Kisses Peanut Blossoms

Cream together:
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cut peanut butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 brown sugar

Beat in:
1 egg
3 tapsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Add:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Shape dough into 3/4" balls.



Roll in granulated sugar & place on an ungreased cookie sheet.



Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press one mini kiss into the centre of each cookie.



To make the chocolate ones, we split the dough in two and to half of it I added half of a 1/3 cup of cocoa.



Then, we decided to make some coconut jam tarts. Sage helped make the tarts with our tart shaper and then she wanted to add the raspberry jam to the tarts. I didn't think she'd be able to do this (she's only four) but she did a great job!





Honestly, she is such a good helper in the kitchen. :)
The end result:


Mmmm, I had to stick a bunch of the baking in the freezer so it'd still be around for our Christmas gatherings.


Oh, and a reminder that tonight is our online crop at MSS.



Here's a sneak of my early bird challenge which I have posted here.

Feel free to come and join us!

9 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

oohhhh those look yummy!! I want to come over and have one! what a good lil helper you have!

Becky said...

I loooove Peanut butter kisses...some of my fav cookies!

Jennifer said...

YUM!!

Lucy Edson said...

Those look so good! Thanks for sharing! Love the tree and the leaves on your LO! So adorable!

Staci Taylor said...

LOVE that layout! And your little sage always makes me smile - she is so cute, and I can just picture her doing all these things since she's the same age as Noah :-) What a great helper!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, look at all those cookies? Are you giving them away? How is your December DAily coming alon? I am a little behind.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Those cookies are just the best aren't they?!?
And I love that LO!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gosh, you should have put a warning up on your post to NOT look at your blog while hungry. My stomach is grumbling! How delicious everything looks.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of all your baking. Looks like you had lots of fun. Thanks for the recipe.
SusanR