Sunday, December 14, 2008

Busy, busy,

busy...

Getting ready for Christmas, taking care of sick kids (all three, but mostly in shifts...), working on some DT stuff that I can't share quite yet...

(But don't worry, you'll be the first to know! ;) )

I got my Christmas cards addressed and mailed off and a few gifts wrapped (for Sunday School teachers, etc.)



On Friday afternoon, we went to our last Rock & Read where I completed my Christmas book and Sage and Karen showed it to the group. (I'll have to take some pictures and share it here, asap.)



Friday evening, we had our annual gathering with our friends, Val & Pam and their families. We go to know them twelve years ago when Cameron & I joined their Bible Study group and I am so happy that we are still good friends so many years later. A fun evening of yummy food, good conversation and lots of laughter.



I've been a little remiss in using the Christmas countdown calendar that I made this year. In fact, one evening, Austin made his own note ("Play hot and cold to find the treats") and put it in, after he'd hidden some suckers for Jonah and Sage to find!

But last night, I did use it.



The present was a KinderBunnies game that had been recommended to us by my friend, Bryan. We all really enjoyed it and Austin is itching to move up from the Beginner level to the next level of play.

And, I got three layouts done yesterday, but I can only share one today.

I created it using Liz's Friday Sketch #6, as well as some Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye and Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Doodlebug letter stickers, Maya Road chipboard snowflake and Heidi Swapp Silhouette snowflakes.







I used white ink and white embossing powder on the chipboard snowflake and then added soem glitter.

Well, I hope you're enjoying your weekend. It's very, very cold here, so we're staying inside, where it's nice and toasty warm (now that dh has left and I've turned up the thermostat-- ha. ha.)

10 comments:

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Sounds like you have had a great weekend!
p.s. Send me your addy! You were the winner of my blog giveaway!!! Congrats!!!

Sherry said...

Oh, such a sweet little one. Love the layout!!

Wendy Kwok said...

What a great time to share with family and friends. I love your LO. Totally cute..... that sleepy face is way too adorable and cute.

Amy W. said...

love your post and that layout is FAB! :)

Julie Overby said...

How do you do it all??

You are inspiration to me, girl!! I need to wrap gifts for our Sunday School teachers! LOL!

Your layout is darling!

Amanda Winchester said...

What a sweet LO! And your four year old randomly falls asleep like that? Oh, I wish mine did! LOL! My kids are 4, 2 1/2, and 9 months and none of them would just fall asleep like that :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your sweet page, Leigh! That's a great design and the photo just can't be beat. Love the embossed snowflake.
I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful weekend. Ours was pretty crazy....several birthday parties and several sleepovers. I'm hoping to just stay home today. Can you believe just one more week of school, and then the kiddos are out for Christmas? Yikes! I'm not ready!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Leigh!
Love your photo collage on the wall. :)

Leah said...

I love the layout, it's great!

Heather M. said...

that layout is adorable! i love the burgundy!

sounds like a fun week!