Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A big thank you

to everyone who left such positive and encouraging comments on my last post about my CMK DT entry! I feel overwhelmed and blessed to have such a wonderful online community of friends!!

I always wanted to share my photos of the day for the past week with you today:


Tuesday, Dec. 2: We put up our tree and the lights in the evening.


Wed, Dec.3: Jonah, playing in the backyard after school.


Thursday, Dec. 4: Sage, helping me bake.


Friday, Dec. 5th: Again, Sage helping me bake!


Saturday: Dec. 6th: Meringue kisses.

Recipe:
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 to 6 drops of green food colouring
non-pareils sprinkles (optional)
Beat egg whites with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar while beating. Add vanilla and food colouring.
Put in a pastry bag with a star tip. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Create mini Xmas trees by making a spiral form with the pastry bag. Sprinkle with non-pareils. Bake at 200F for 2 hours. Cool. Store in a tupperware container.


Sunday, Dec. 7: we finally decorated the tree after church.


Monday, Dec. 8: Austin and Jonah stayed home from school because they weren't feeling well.

Thanks for looking!





8 comments:

Nicole said...

Great pics Leigh

Anonymous said...

Oh those kisses make me want to grab them right out of the puter-screen :)

ellen s. said...

those Meringue kisses look awesome! printing the recipe now!

Amy W. said...

i enjoyed your week "recap". :) that recipe looks fun! thanks for sharing! i guess i need to share my snow ice cream recipe. :)

happy holidays,

AmyW.

Amanda Winchester said...

Oh, those meringue kisses look fantastic!! Thanks for the recipe :)

Staci Taylor said...

oooh, I so love meringues, I think I need to try those! Adorable photos, Leigh!

TheShermanFam said...

YUMMM!! You made lots of goodies!! Your little girl is just soo sweet...You two are a cute pair :D!!
I hope you aren't next in line to be sick! UGH!! That would not be good...
Love all your pics...can't wait to see your December daily all together.

Audrey Pettit said...

I always enjoy your weekly photos, Leigh! Your kiddos are just so adorable. Hope they're feeling better? So much crud going around right now, and such a yucky time of year to be sick.