Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside...

Brrr...

We were quite surprised they didn't cancel school today it's so cold out. But they only cancel when it's -45 degrees C and this morning, it was only -42.

So, that make this the perfect day to stay inside and enjoy some scrapping. ;)

So, where to begin?

It's reveal day at Just Cre8 today, where they're revealing January 2009 kit. You can check it out here, along with two layouts that I created with their kit. I was very excited to play with this, my first Just Cre8 kit, as a part of my prize for winning their Creative Idol contest last month. My prize included a three month spot of their DT, starting with the January kit. :)

I also wanted to share with you the mini-book I created this past month at Rock & Read, a program that Sage & I attended over the past six weeks at our local library. It was facilitated by Karen, who is so fabulous! For part of the time, we sang songs and did rhymes together with our preschoolers, then the kids played/looked at books/made a craft, while the moms made a book for their kids.

I called mine Christmas List, and it was inspired by this.
































I used pictures from the past 8 years or so. It's made with Bazzill cardstock and Scenic Route products for everything else. I bound it together with a Bind-it-all.

Well, I'm off to make myself some hot chocolate...


Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

That album is BRILLIANT! It's like a condensed version of Ali's December Daily. Love it.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Leigh! I just love your mini!
What a fabulous, fabulous keepsake!

Jennifer said...

what a sweet little book. Love it!

Heather M. said...

that book is totally AWESOME!

Renee Lamb said...

wow...that mini is absolutely fantastic! And um...I am FREEZING just reading about your temps. brrrrrrrrr....have a double shot of hot chocolate! LOL

Lucy Edson said...

Beautiful mini, Leigh! Congrats on the GDT! I love how you used photos from over the years!

Stay warm! :D

Tammi said...

Hi Leigh! I love what you did with the kit at justcre8! Your pages are gorgeous and congrats on the scrapbook trends call!!

Staci Taylor said...

Wow, leigh, I love that album!! So great that you captured all those memories and traditions behind christmas, and what it means to your family!

Sherry said...

Wow, love your album. Totally awesome!!

Wendy Kwok said...

Love your album! Totally gorgeous

Anne Krashel said...

What a great book! Love that you used pics of years past.