Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer favourites, part 1



I LOVE summer!! Hands down, it is my favourite season. And after Jonah's birthday, I start to feel a little panicked that it's ending. So I try to enjoy my favourite things about it as much as possible.

And a few of these favourites include:

Playing baseball. Well, slow-pitch, really. A bunch of people from church gather at the park on Monday evenings and we make up teams and play. So much fun and such a great way to fellowship with part of our church family.

Ice cream. I splurged on some Breyers Heavenly Hash this week (it was on sale!)

Fresh fruit. Especially strawberries and watermelon.

Going to the beach. I love having a local beach. Such a luxury! I figured we've been over twenty times this summer already.

Birthdays. Cameron's. Jonah's. Mine. Love celebrating birthdays.

Going to the park. Morden has such nice parks, all within biking distance. So nice!

So, now it's your turn. What are some of your favourite summer things?

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

Ice cream and fresh fruit are some of my favs too! I also love the longer days, warm weather, BBQing, how much more relaxed I feel, not having to bundle up in a million clothes just to go out!
It always goes by too quickly!