Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wouldn't it be nice...

to have lots of money?

I think this a lot. It doesn't consume me or anything like that, but every once in a while, I'll come across a financial need and think that it would be really nice to be able to meet it.

Or a want.

This morning, I definitely found a want.

I went shopping in a store in our town with a friend and decided to try on some bathing suits. (I know, I must have felt like punishing myself or something, but I thought if anything, it might be good for a laugh.)

Well, I found this gorgeous dark brown and teal blue suit that actually, believe it or not, looked good on me.

Seriously.

Now I think this is a first for me since my early twenties, if not my teens. The term "nice-looking bathing suit on Leigh" just seems like an oxy-moron to me.

But there it was. A very flattering bathing suit. I was so tempted to buy it.

So, what stopped me?

The price.

$145.

Yeah. Not in this lifetime.

However, it did help me get some perspective on the whole want vs. need thing. God totally provides for my needs (& some of my wants, too). And it's okay for me to not get something that I want.

Even if it did look pretty darn good on me.

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

Yah, I agree, wouldn't it be nice!!! I'm feeling that way a lot about a house right now. It would be SO nice.
It's such a bummer though to go shopping and find something that is so great and then it's expensive like that.

Eva said...

Maybe it will go on sale eventually?? :)

valerie said...

keep your eyes open - you never know when a sale might hit ;)

Heather said...

I so understand what you mean but awesome for you living in your budget. End of seasons sale might work though.